1440p overclock works with NVIDIA not with RADEON

Go to solution Solved by das affe,
7 hours ago, alexyy said:

Curious why you side graded to a hotter and louder GPU.

Good question :D I sold my Computer to pay for my first motorcycle. Still had my laptop with a 6700hq and a 4gb gtx 950 but that was not nearly enough for gaming so i bought the 390 for 150€ and an i7 2600 for 50€ etc.

BTW: i solved my problem by choosing CVT reduced load to achieve 110hz

I have a qnix 27" 1440p monitor. it always ran on 104hz (with my gtx 980) but now that i use it with a r9 390 i cant get it to work above 80hz or else windows states that the resolution is not supported. 
I did install the latest drivers

I used Windows test mode

I used the radeon advanced options as well as "custom resolution utility"

i used the Patch tool by toastyX "atikmdag-patcher.exe"

and YES i did restart the system multiple times with no succes besides the boot itself :D

Is there anything that comes to your mind that i could have forgotten or a setting that i didnt account?
Thanks in advance :) 

wow... pretty empty here...

wich of the following modes should i use btw? : CVT, CVT reduced load,  GTF, DMT

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

7 hours ago, alexyy said:

Good question :D I sold my Computer to pay for my first motorcycle. Still had my laptop with a 6700hq and a 4gb gtx 950 but that was not nearly enough for gaming so i bought the 390 for 150€ and an i7 2600 for 50€ etc.

BTW: i solved my problem by choosing CVT reduced load to achieve 110hz