I7 7700k overclock results safe?

I just got a build, with the specs of:
i7 7700k

asus z270 tuf mark 2

corsair h110i

patriot viper elite 2666mhz

evga gtx 1080 sc

evga 850g2

I have overclocked the 7700k to 4.9ghz with 1.25v Vcore, nothing else was changed in the bios, and I haven't overclocked the 1080 yet. I ran realbench on it, for about 20m the temperature is sitting at around 80-ish, not going over 85 Celsius. My H110i is set to run at performance for the pump, and the fans are running at around 1200rpm from 45-65 celsius, and then ramp up to 2000rpm for 80 celsius. Is the temperature too high? Any suggestion on what should i do? Does this result affect my overclock on 1080?

temps are ok. You can Goto 90c if you're feeling adventurous. 

CPU overclock won't affect GPU overclock unless ventilation is trash. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

so far i'm almost 30min on realbench. the temps are not change since I posted here. two cores on 85 and two on 81~2. Should I just end running stress test and keep the settings from there?

1 minute ago, jeffrey1289 said:

so far i'm almost 30min on realbench. the temps are not change since I posted here. two cores on 85 and two on 81. Should I just end running stress test and keep the settings from there?

Keep settings, keep it up for 8h-1day for a real stability test (a real one is for if you're 100% certain you're happy with these results and you want to see if it'll crash at all with regular 24/7 usage)

you've basically hit your temp limits (for the cooler)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Thx! I will run it for another 8 hours. If it stays like this, or maybe temperature is up a little to 90 is that okay? Can I then just keep it? Also, I kinda want a little guide on overclocking the 1080 sc, is +180/500 for clock speed and memory sounds good? I will ramp up the power limit to highest(120% i think?), and not deal with the voltage. How should the fan curve be?

Personally I run AIDA64 FPU test and check max temps that way. If your temps are 90°C or lower you can basically guarantee you'll never overheat unless your ambient jumps up allot.

2 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Personally I run AIDA64 FPU test and check max temps that way. If your temps are 90°C or lower you can basically guarantee you'll never overheat unless your ambient jumps up allot.

I know AIDA64 is paid? That's why I didn't use it. Do you think realbench is good enough for free? Also do you mind helping on the 1080 sc overclock?

Just now, jeffrey1289 said:

I know AIDA64 is paid? That's why I didn't use it. Do you think realbench is good enough for free? Also do you mind helping on the 1080 sc overclock?

AIDA64 is paid but you can use the stress test with the trial. I don't own a 1080 myself so I'm not sure how much help I can be but I can give you advice if you'd like.

ic.....is realbench still good tho lol? Thx for the advising, I will definitely come back when I did the gpu overclock

80 degrees max is fine, personally I don't like to go over 70 personally, but 80 maximum is fine. Just be a bit  careful in summer.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

1 minute ago, jeffrey1289 said:

ic.....is realbench still good tho lol? Thx for the advising, I will definitely come back when I did the gpu overclock

RealBench is good. I use it for long term stability testing but AIDA64 is good for short term testing and finding max clocks in my experience.

hmmm....temps are stable, but i kinda crash at around 40min....what can i do?
co-currently I have other software too, like AV (idk if that matters)