Nvidea Drivers for Ubuntu

Go to solution Solved by tlink,

Hi, i got a 750TI, and Ubuntu. I downloaded the drivers from Ubuntu, but its Zip'd and i don't know where to extract them, can some please help me? 

Thanks in advanced. 

Just now, <Aleks> said:

Thanks, last time i done this I searched the nvidea repo with the Terminal... Took like 1 hour xD.

Terminal <3 That 1 hour is education time well spend ;) 

1 minute ago, Jarno. said:

Terminal <3 That 1 hour is education time well spend ;) 

Terminal is one of the many reasons why i switched from windows, makes everything so much faster.

Just now, <Aleks> said:

Terminal is one of the many reasons why i switched from windows, makes everything so much faster.

True im not that good but even then, im already doing things way faster then i possible can using windows 

10 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

Thanks, last time i done this I searched the nvidea repo with the Terminal... Took like 1 hour xD.

yea searching in the terminal isn't the greatest if you don't know what exactly you need to be looking for :P but in general, if you struggle with something try looking it up on the ubuntu forums/wiki or whatever wiki/forum is linked to the distro you're using.

1 hour ago, Jarno. said:

True im not that good but even then, im already doing things way faster then i possible can using windows 

If you want to make the terminal more user friendly, try fish (sudo apt install fish). It comes with tab completion, syntax highlighting and auto suggestions by default. Just go into your terminal app's settings and change the default command from bash to fish. I personally use zsh, which requires a lot more configuration than fish, but is more customizable.