Air cooling

shairene
Go to solution Solved by shairene,
17 minutes ago, Zomicron said:

I think they are about the same. I think it will depend more on the airflow of your case. Would it be better to have air flowing across the motherboard, or down at it? If you have a typical tower style case with air flowing from front to back/up then it would probably be better to have the D9L. Regardless both are good coolers and if you can successfully OC with satisfactory temps than I see no reason to change your decision. I personally Would just call it good and keep the NH-L12.

I have the air 240 so there is a good airflow so I can add fans so there will be pleanty of air 

Hi,

Just bought the NH-12L and was thinking if I did the right choice, I was thinking about th NH-D9L the price is aout the same.

I have an I5 7600K, I will OC it but the question is which cooler will give more.

What do you think about that?

The NH-D9L seems like it would do better since it has more air flow and more surface area to disperse heat.

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

4 minutes ago, Epic_Nex said:

The NH-D9L seems like it would do better since it has more air flow and more surface area to disperse heat.

I'm trying to find benchmarks but didn't come with one to see if it really worth it either one of them.

Most benchmarks are on the bigger one

17 minutes ago, Zomicron said:

I think they are about the same. I think it will depend more on the airflow of your case. Would it be better to have air flowing across the motherboard, or down at it? If you have a typical tower style case with air flowing from front to back/up then it would probably be better to have the D9L. Regardless both are good coolers and if you can successfully OC with satisfactory temps than I see no reason to change your decision. I personally Would just call it good and keep the NH-L12.

I have the air 240 so there is a good airflow so I can add fans so there will be pleanty of air 

1 hour ago, shairene said:

I'm trying to find benchmarks but didn't come with one to see if it really worth it either one of them.

Most benchmarks are on the bigger one

I doubt there would be much of a difference, not enough to sell what you already bought.

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

The NH-D9L is better. The NH-L12 isn't a great cooler for oc'ing.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.