New Gaming PC

Alright boys and girls. It's finally time.

Looking to build a new full tower PC. Most likely with a GTX1070 but I want the motherboard and processor to be good enough so I can upgrade or stack graphics cards later. I love orange but it is hard to find RGB things in orange. I love lighting and aesthetic PCs.

Please help me build my future gaming rig!

Lets build a monster together. (Price range is 1500-1600 USD)

What I currently have - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3h8GD8  

I plan on playing most games. CS:GO, Ori and the Blind forest, Tomb Raider, Battlefield 1, The Witcher 3, Crysis 3, etc. As for streaming and such I don't do much but may want to branch out later.

What are you looking to do with it? Are you just going to play games, or are you looking into streaming and/or content creation?

What games and applications do you use/intend to use? 

@killer5247 I will overclock it if it makes a huge difference but it won't always be overclocked. @Aereldor I updated the post to include your questions. It will be 80% gaming with the possibility of streaming? No content creation. Good questions! I can't believe I left those out.

1 minute ago, Maljurious said:

@killer5247 I will overclock it if it makes a huge difference but it won't always be overclocked. @Aereldor I updated the post to include your questions. It will be 80% gaming with the possibility of streaming? No content creation. Good questions! I can't believe I left those out.

Cheers. Also, this is just for the tower, right? I do believe you can fit a 1080 Ti in here if it's just the computer, but not if you need other stuff.

Just now, Aereldor said:

Cheers. Also, this is just for the tower, right? I do believe you can fit a 1080 Ti in here if it's just the computer, but not if you need other stuff.

Correct it is just for the computer. I already have peripherals and monitors.

PCPartPicker just went down, so I'll post a build for you in a bit once it's back up.

1 minute ago, killer5247 said:

the current one is incompatible

Yea I made it a bit ago but just updated the Processor. The motherboard doesn't work with it right now, Good catch.

if you dont need monitor why would you put one in your pcpartpicker list?

Just now, Devin92 said:

if you dont need monitor why would you put one in your pcpartpicker list?

Like i said it was an old idea build. Was made a few months ago but I got a new monitor since then. Forgot to delete it.

I recommend this:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tj9gHN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tj9gHN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($338.44 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z270 SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($129.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Zotac T500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card  ($699.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Rosewill 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1585.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-17 10:55 EDT-0400

If you have any questions/comments/concerns, quote me.

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($318.33 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-T50 AXE (Black) 62.3 CFM CPU Cooler  ($55.99 @ Directron) 
Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($80.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($684.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Fury 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1595.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-17 11:01 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

@herman mcpootis I do like the IDEA of a ryzen but for me to get the most out of it I would have to overclock it. I am not very experienced with overclocking yet which is why I would rather stick with Intel until i become competent in overclocking.

A touch over the budget. But that is due to the 1TB ssd. Moving to a 240GB ssd + 1TB hdd would bring it into the budget range.

This is an ORANGE build. I even found memory with an orange highlight!. The motherboard has Asus AURA lighting control so generating orange should not be a problem.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($87.84 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($157.98 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($272.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Xtreme Gaming Video Card  ($442.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Orange ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1649.60

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 minutes ago, Maljurious said:

@herman mcpootis I do like the IDEA of a ryzen but for me to get the most out of it I would have to overclock it. I am not very experienced with overclocking yet which is why I would rather stick with Intel until i become competent in overclocking.

the ryzen 1700 isn't as good in gaming but it will do better in streaming. you can go with the 6700/7700k and z170/270 board if you feel that you aren't gonna do much streaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

the ryzen 1700 isn't as good in gaming but it will do better in streaming. you can go with the 6700/7700k and z170/270 board if you feel that you aren't gonna do much streaming.

Okay. I would probably do a 7700k combination then. For gaming mostly. Thank you!

If ur fine with 512 then you can get a 600 p intel m.2 drive. Its faster than an ssd and its less expensive

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

1 hour ago, killer5247 said:

1080ti? 1070 is enough

It fits in the budget.  Why not have it?

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

1 hour ago, brob said:

A touch over the budget. But that is due to the 1TB ssd. Moving to a 240GB ssd + 1TB hdd would bring it into the budget range.

This is an ORANGE build. I even found memory with an orange highlight!. The motherboard has Asus AURA lighting control so generating orange should not be a problem.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($87.84 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($157.98 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($272.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Xtreme Gaming Video Card  ($442.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Orange ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1649.60

But why?  You can fit a 1080 Ti in for WAY more performance.  Your build doesn't make any sense performance-wise.

Just now, N3v3r3nding_N3wb said:

But why?  You can fit a 1080 Ti in for WAY more performance.  Your build doesn't make any sense performance-wise.

Because the OP state a preference for an orange build and a GTX 1070.

Little point in getting a GTX 1080 Ti if one doesn't have a 4K monitor.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.