Need help connecting subwoofer

FerbTheOG
Go to solution Solved by FerbTheOG,
1 hour ago, anothertom said:

What you've got yourself there is a powered sub, so it has an amplifier built in. What you want to do is split the signal that's going to the amp for your mid-tops and send it directly to the sub. Seeing as you didn't say what amp you're using, it may or may not have a dedicated sub output (generally a receiver should have one, an actual amp won't), so you may be able to run a stereo RCA cable to the sub or you may need some RCA splitters as well.

I just realized my sub has an LFE input. It has a l and r for rca but it says in the desc there's also LFE. It's a Klipsch 10 inch reference series. My amp is a nobsound tpa3116d2. It's small and whatever but it has 9 banana plug inputs, 4 for speakers and 2 titled sub. What do I need to buy and plug what into what? I'm pretty stupid with stuff like this apologies

Hi, I have a subwoofer an it has 2 rca plugs on it, to connect from rca to rca or whatecer. My amp uses banna plugs. What can I do to make it work?

What you've got yourself there is a powered sub, so it has an amplifier built in. What you want to do is split the signal that's going to the amp for your mid-tops and send it directly to the sub. Seeing as you didn't say what amp you're using, it may or may not have a dedicated sub output (generally a receiver should have one, an actual amp won't), so you may be able to run a stereo RCA cable to the sub or you may need some RCA splitters as well.

1 hour ago, anothertom said:

I just realized my sub has an LFE input. It has a l and r for rca but it says in the desc there's also LFE. It's a Klipsch 10 inch reference series. My amp is a nobsound tpa3116d2. It's small and whatever but it has 9 banana plug inputs, 4 for speakers and 2 titled sub. What do I need to buy and plug what into what? I'm pretty stupid with stuff like this apologies

26 minutes ago, FerbTheOG said:

I just realized my sub has an LFE input.

That's only useful if you are using a receiver which supports the Low Frequency Effect standard, which is usually only used in 5.1 or 7.1 systems with properly created soundtracks.

27 minutes ago, FerbTheOG said:

It's a Klipsch 10 inch reference series. My amp is a nobsound tpa3116d2

I can't find an amp which matches your description, but i'll assume it has either a RCA or 3.5mm jack input, and that you're somewhere america'ish.

If it uses RCA, buy two of these RCA Splitters. plug them into the amp and then plug the cable going to your computer into one side of each, and then run a second cable to the sub inputs from the other connectors.*

If it uses a 3.5mm input then one of these 3.5mm splitters with one end going into the amp and then the second into an extension going to the sub. Then connect your computer into the input of the splitter.

9 minutes ago, anothertom said:

That's only useful if you are using a receiver which supports the Low Frequency Effect standard, which is usually only used in 5.1 or 7.1 systems with properly created soundtracks.

I can't find an amp which matches your description, but i'll assume it has either a RCA or 3.5mm jack input, and that you're somewhere america'ish.

If it uses RCA, buy two of these RCA Splitters. plug them into the amp and then plug the cable going to your computer into one side of each, and then run a second cable to the sub inputs from the other connectors.*

If it uses a 3.5mm input then one of these 3.5mm splitters with one end going into the amp and then the second into an extension going to the sub. Then connect your computer into the input of the splitter.

My amp uses banana plugs. I could connect my bookshelf speakers which are Klipsch rb-10 to it but my sub is a Klipsch k100sw. My amp has a L and R banana plug input thats titled bass and has a low pass filter. I may have just repeated myself but sorry and thank you

14 minutes ago, anothertom said:

IMG_2604.PNG

IMG_2605.PNG

1 minute ago, FerbTheOG said:

My amp uses banana plugs. I could connect my bookshelf speakers which are Klipsch rb-10 to it but my sub is a Klipsch k100sw. My amp has a L and R banana plug input thats titled bass and has a low pass filter. I may have just repeated myself but sorry and thank you

Yes, on the output. But you don't have a suitable output from your amp to connect to an input on your sub. Therefore you need to feed the sub before you reach the amp.

So either you're using one of the above methods, or you're upgrading your amp to a receiver which has a loop out.

22 hours ago, anothertom said:

Yes, on the output. But you don't have a suitable output from your amp to connect to an input on your sub. Therefore you need to feed the sub before you reach the amp.

So either you're using one of the above methods, or you're upgrading your amp to a receiver which has a loop out.

i used the 3.5 method and it worked!! thank you very much! but i have to control volume on the amp and on the sub, whcih is kind of annyoing. Is there anyway i can make it so i always have the correct amount of gain on the sub corresponding with the speakers or nahhh?

Are you able to control the volume from the source? Otherwise you could try a 3.5mm inline volume control pre split...

The up-market solution would be the schiit sys or something similar.