Which psu would you guys recommend?

Scottx454

Asus P8Z77-V LX2 Motherboard and an intel i7 3770 (no k) Radeon HD 7850 (fully intend to buy a gtx 970 or something)

Just wondering if my current psu 550w will work on this rig or will I need a new psu and if so what would you recommend, thanks!

10 minutes ago, Scottx454 said:

Asus P8Z77-V LX2 Motherboard and an intel i7 3770 (no k) Radeon HD 7850 (fully intend to buy a gtx 970 or something)

Just wondering if my current psu 550w will work on this rig or will I need a new psu and if so what would you recommend, thanks!

How old is your current PSU and what is the efficiency rating?

If you want to upgrade then i would recommend Corsair CX550.

But you PSU should be fine.

11 minutes ago, Scottx454 said:

What's the make and model of your PSU? That's more important than wattage tbqh

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, Preston builds said:

How old is your current PSU and what is the efficiency rating?

If you want to upgrade then i would recommend Corsair CX550.

But you PSU should be fine.

Efficiency ratings =/= quality. Logisys makes an 80+ Gold firestarter. The CX550 is actually a poor choice for a gaming rig. I'd recommend taking a look at the list below for recommendations.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

21 minutes ago, Scottx454 said:

cool you have almost the same build i first built a few years ago, that is still working as my brothers pc,

same board, i5 instead of i7 and i went with the 660 instead of the 7850/70, which i regret now

52 minutes ago, Scottx454 said:

What was it that you said was the model of your misterious "550w PSU"?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!