i have an A10-5800k AND An RX470 sapphire nitro 8gb

of course the gpu is bottlenecked by the cpu

will overclocking it from 3.8Ghz to 4.0/4.2Ghz reduce the bottleneck and give bettter performance and higher fps in more CPU dependent games like GTA V?

It will give it better performance, but not nearly enough to relieve the bottleneck.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, Fisting Master said:

i have an A10-5800k AND An RX470 sapphire nitro 8gb

of course the gpu is bottlenecked by the cpu

will overclocking it from 3.8Ghz to 4.0/4.2Ghz reduce the bottleneck and give bettter performance and higher fps in more CPU dependent games like GTA V?

It will boost performance however its not going to be noticeable in game play, maybe you'll get 5-10FPS more, depending on the game.

okay i did  not excpect for my a10 to suddenly become a 7700k or something but its nice to know it will increase performace even slightly

also should i try to push the overclock as far as possible untill i get the highest acceptable temperature?

23 minutes ago, Fisting Master said:

okay i did  not excpect for my a10 to suddenly become a 7700k or something but its nice to know it will increase performace even slightly

also should i try to push the overclock as far as possible untill i get the highest acceptable temperature?

why not :-)

well i tried it i managed to take it to 4.6 ghz and under load it reaches 88c with the stock cooler