HDD Animations in After Effects

Hi there! this is an awkward post but i thought this would be the best place to go.

I'd like to build an intro(s) for my YouTube channel but i wanted to start with an Animated HDD and have an effect form the logo or Words i want it to display. The only problem is... I'm new to adobe software and can't get far with it...

I've tried looking for online templates but i couldn't find any. then i realized LMG uses HHDs and or "so i thought" animations of HHDs. If i could find out how they animate one or where they got the picture files from it will help me out a lot.

This message is aimed towards the Editors of LMG but everyone's help is appreciated.

You can PM on twitter at @BlitzbriegDim  if you don't feel comfortable posting your response here.

Also note i'm not a Tech channel so i'm not in competition with any tech channels i will soon be Vlogging in the future and will be posting Updates that will include tech though but not much as i'm remodeling the bus i live in and i'm more gaming oriented.

The best thing for you would be to do a Google search for free After Effects animated icons and templates.  If the software you are using is After Effects, of course.  The downside of these free templates is that you may not find something that matches 100% of what you have in mind.  For that, you should learn how to create animations in AE.

Usually websites like Premium Beat either share free AE animation packs or advertise when other designers offer free stuff.

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/free-after-effects-animations/

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Blitzbrieg Dimarectic said:

alright, thanks!

A good idea is also to just look at a lot of tutorials on Adobe After effects. Its a good software to kinda know and it doesn't take too much time. If you have 1-4 hours a day it wouldn't take more than a week to learn and create it if you are willing to learn. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Shoot I have all 2 nights out of the week to work on this stuff. ;)

I work Night-shift at a Grocery outlet so it leaves me with Sunday and Monday nights Doing nothing but sitting in front of my PC until 12:00PM PST. By then I'm asleep until 8:00pm.