Best way to install PC Case fans?

jaycowper

Hey guys

I'm looking to add two 140mm front case fans to my NZXT S340. I'm just wondering if you guys have any recommendations and also how best to install them without being obtrusive. I like my cables managed and I would rather avoid cables all over the place. Thank you for your time and I look forward to discussion!

buy the brown Noctua fans, they come with extension and splitter cables that make the extra cost worth it. They are so efficient you can plug several into the PWM-CPU fan header. I have 5 in my CPU header and it barely ramps up speed under load in summer

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

buy the brown Noctua fans, they come with extension and splitter cables that make the extra cost worth it. They are so efficient you can plug several into the PWM-CPU fan header. I have 5 in my CPU header and it barely ramps up speed under load in summer

What do you think about the redux versions of the Noctua fans? Not really digging the poop brown as LTT put it.

2 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Screw them in?

I am really not familiar with any other way to install fans.  Then maybe route the cables out of sight?

I guess I set myself up for that one. Zipties are a way to install fans as well. What I mean is, would i be able to attach them all to a molex converter and chain those up and plug them into one molex connector on my PSU?

51 minutes ago, jaycowper said:

What do you think about the redux versions of the Noctua fans? Not really digging the poop brown as LTT put it.

I guess I set myself up for that one. Zipties are a way to install fans as well. What I mean is, would i be able to attach them all to a molex converter and chain those up and plug them into one molex connector on my PSU?

The Redux line are good. They're older fans with less accessories. 

Plugging a fan into a molex fan adapter into the psu will result in the fan running at 100%. That's fine if you don't care about how loud your fans are.

What's the reason behind getting new fans? Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

32 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Redux line are good. They're older fans with less accessories. 

Plugging a fan into a molex fan adapter into the psu will result in the fan running at 100%. That's fine if you don't care about how loud your fans are.

What's the reason behind getting new fans? Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

I have a completed PC build http://i.imgur.com/vxEfkBe.jpg and I am in need of optimizing my airflow. I do understand that molex will not enable me to control PWM, but I don't know enough about that. I am shopping from the US, and ideally under $60 for my fans would be great.

4 hours ago, jaycowper said:

all good. iv got the140mm ones with pwm

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_