Which Headphone To Choose?

Milipedendinie

Hello i have a questions

Do any of you have any knowledge of these specific headphones:

JBL Everest 700

SKULLCANDY Crusher wireless

SONY MDR-ZX770BN

I will use them every day on the road, on school etc. 

I listen mostly to hardcore, hardstyle and in that genre 

Bluetooth is the most important next to the sound, comfort and ofcourse overal look

Hope i can find some help here

The only paitr of those that I have any experience with are the JBLs.

I though they were decent. The sound signature was OK and the weight was better than I expected.

However, my main problem was the lack of codec support. They only support A2DP V1.3 SBC, which is pretty much the worst audio codec known to man.

It baffles me that a new-ish pair of headphones use such an antiquated codec when aptX is available. 

But what is your budget? You could get recommendations beyond those three.

It would give you a wider range of headphones to consider. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

4 hours ago, Volbet said:

I though they were decent. The sound signature was OK and the weight was better than I expected.

However, my main problem was the lack of codec support. They only support A2DP V1.3 SBC, which is pretty much the worst audio codec known to man.

It baffles me that a new-ish pair of headphones use such an antiquated codec when aptX is available. 

A2DP was the worst. I remember having a Philips SHB-something with A2DP, didn't knew much about audio at the time. I used it in Bluetooth... once. The sound was so horrible I thought I had broken the headphones.

To try it, just listen to 92 kbit/s samples of your audio files. This will horrify you. Don't buy this.

4 hours ago, Milipedendinie said:

Around 160 euro 

At this price range (still with Bluetooth in mind), I'd suggest some closed headphones:

- Philips Fidelio M2BT. The Fidelio M1 (wired version) is my daily driver when I commute or just want to listen music out of home. Great bass and mediums, awesome isolation (for a passive one), a little bit "oppressive", soundstage is his main default but not problematic. Non-replacable pads tends to wear off, but can be stitched together.

- Plantronics BackBeat Pro (v1). Great soundstage, emphasis on treble. Active isolation. A lot of attention payed to ergonomics, controls and connectivity features. Using the smartphone app brings a lot of functionnality.

- Sony MDR-1ABT. I don't like the build quality, but audio is pretty good especially at this price. Detailled sound, emphasis on voices and bass.

- ATH-MSR7BT. Probably the best you can find under 200€ in my opinion. Excellent comfort, great soundstage, detailled and faithful sound, but some sibilance especially with treble.

[Insert smart comment here]

22 hours ago, Volbet said:

But what is your budget? You could get recommendations beyond those three.

It would give you a wider range of headphones to consider. 

Around 200 euro

9 minutes ago, Milipedendinie said:

Around 200 euro

Ohh God. I'm sorry. I completly forgot to answer. 

I would agree with @jldjul. The Philips Fidelio M2BTs are pretty good sounding for a pair of Bluetooth headphones. Personally, I found them a bit uncomfortable, but your milage may vary. 

And if you really want bass, I can recommend the Sony MDR-XB950BT. It has bass for days.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes