Fan Recommendations for this Case

Sin Stalker

I'm looking at this case for a friend's build and it only comes with 3 out of the 5 fans that the case can hold.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235058

1. Are those 3 enough?

2. Assuming not, I would need another two fans. No LEDs and I'd like them to be just as quiet to more quieter than the case's stock fans. I'm trying to keep prices as low as possible for them.

What components are going into the system?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What components are going into the system?

i3 7100, 16gb ram. No GPU. 

7 minutes ago, Sin Stalker said:

i3 7100, 16gb ram. No GPU. 

The stock fans are already more than enough.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The stock fans are already more than enough.

The person I am getting this for doesn't know computers. They are of a certain age and generations where they won't be learning, either.

At what point would the system fail? By that I mean, how many of those fans are redundant? That's the main thing I want to account for. If the system should have 2 fans to be good and 1 fan is dangerous, I'd like to have four fans, ie 2 redundancies. I may not be around to notice a failed fan and they won't do anything about it.

Just now, Sin Stalker said:

The person I am getting this for doesn't know computers. They are of a certain age and generations where they won't be learning, either.

At what point would the system fail? By that I mean, how many of those fans are redundant? That's the main thing I want to account for. If the system should have 2 fans to be good and 1 fan is dangerous, I'd like to have four fans, ie 2 redundancies. I may not be around to notice a failed fan and they won't do anything about it.

They aren't redundant but you run into diminishing returns with more fans. A single exhaust fan would already be plenty for the system.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

They aren't redundant but you run into diminishing returns with more fans. A single exhaust fan would already be plenty for the system.

To me they are redundancies because of diminished return, the only reason to have more than X fans is if one goes, you still have cooling at or above your minimum goal.

Thank you for the info. If one is plenty, having 3 gives two redundancies before serious problems occur.