[Review] Cryorig H7 with XF140 replacement

Blackhole890

Requested by: @cj09beira

Story:

So, few days ago I asked if i should replace cryorig h7 stock fan to XF140 and some people said that it will fit with H7 brackets and some not... Soo i took the risk to buy and today I will tell you what I did, and if you should get one for your H7.

Installation:

Well, it was obviusly that using H7 brackets won't work since this fan is 140 mm against 120 mm even if XF140 holes was 120 mm and the fan is 140 mm wide... Basically, it's not compatible BUT what I did is to get a rubber rope and attach to the holes and the cooler and you're ready to mount.* (Don't try this at home unless you're experienced at DIY and I'm not responsible of broken computer parts)

Costs:

I got it from amazon for 20€ (17€ for the fan and 3€ for the shipping). IMO that's worth getting one of these because aesthetics and performance, but it's just preference.

Compatibility:

Just like stock fan one, 0 RAM interference because it has the same thinkness.

Performance:

Used AIDA64 for CPU stress (on Xeon E3-1230 Sandy Bridge, which is 32nm processor) for 5 minutes and I know, I should have left more time so I could see if stays on the same temps or not but I haven't that much time for it because I need to do things, so I'm sorry :P.

Min ºC: 28ºC Idle and around 31ºC average.

Max ºC: 32ºC Idle up to 58ºC under stress.

**Remember that those temps were tested with the lowest (0%) speed... (Pwm1= Front fan, which is controled by the case i think... Pwm2= H7 stock fan, Pwm3= XF140)

Conclusion:

ATM seems pretty worth, but the only problem that i had was obviusly the installation but the rest of the fan was pretty impressive so, should you get one? Absolutely not if you're newbie at DIY. The main reason what I got this is because of the aesthetics, nothing else... Unless you love cryorig fan designs, don't purchase because it's not worth, with your actual stock fan will do a good work.

Video review:

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

4 minutes ago, Cela1 said:

Nice review!

Next time post these in the Member Reviews Sub-forum though.

thanks! Yes, sorry, i didn't know that :P

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

-Thread moved to Member Reviews.

@TheRandomness Wait? How long have you been a mod for? I swear you never used to be. (The downside of only lurking for months on end)