Use cases for old hardware

Gameborn

So, I have core 2 duo e 4400, Pentium d 915, two socket 775 boards, socket 462 board, amd duron 1.6 ghz, 5 512mb sticks of ddr2, two 512mb sticks of ddr1, GeForce gt210, GeForce 8400gs, one 500gb sata hdd with bad smart status and two ide (20 and 15 gb) hdd's.

9 hours ago, Gameborn said:

So, I have core 2 duo e 4400, Pentium d 915, two socket 775 boards, socket 462 board, amd duron 1.6 ghz, 5 512mb sticks of ddr2, two 512mb sticks of ddr1, GeForce gt210, GeForce 8400gs, one 500gb sata hdd with bad smart status and two ide (20 and 15 gb) hdd's.

You could build a router with them. Or use them to play older games. Besides that maybe mount the mother boards to the wall as art? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Sorry, but for me, that stuff went in the garbage many years ago. It was not worth the electricity it took to power it.

I built my self a 486 for older games. harder part was to fine a PSU with the 2 4 pins connect

2 hours ago, TheAvokadoMan said:

I built my self a 486 for older games. harder part was to fine a PSU with the 2 4 pins connect

My 300w psu that came with the case have 2 4-pins. And why not to use dosbox?

4 hours ago, Gameborn said:

actual hardware gaming > dosbox any time

it just feels right instead of emulated

idk

On 3/24/2017 at 1:03 AM, Donut417 said:

You could build a router with them. Or use them to play older games. Besides that maybe mount the mother boards to the wall as art? 

this! if you have no plans on using it for gaming, you could use them to load up something like PF sense and use it to power your home network. I am looking at doing this myself with some old AMD hardware. 

11 hours ago, Gameborn said:

Not the same 4 Pins. im talking about the AT 4 Pins not the ATX

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, Alucard86ers said:

this! if you have no plans on using it for gaming, you could use them to load up something like PF sense and use it to power your home network. I am looking at doing this myself with some old AMD hardware. 

I currently have arch Linux installed and working on 500gb hdd with bad smart status, core 2 duo and gt210 system. Okay for web browsing, youtube videos is laggy. Official NVidia drivers