Great gaming laptop under $2000?

Basically I'm looking for a lighter than an ROG laptop with AT MOST a 15" display. Just something I can easily take from class to class and game on in my free time. In terms of power, just run CSGO at over 200 frames (i use csgo as a benchmark usually but I do frame limit) and Overwatch at over 60. My current laptop does this no problem and it's 3 years old and only cost me $1200. There must be a laptop out there for me like this and I'm guessing it will come from Razer. I have a couple months to gather the money so if something great os coming out sometime by mid to the end of summer let me know.

One thing I don't like is touchscreen. It doesn't bother me and I find it to be a nifty feature to have, but I don't really ever use it on my current 2in1, a laptop would be even less useful. The only reason I dislike it is that I don't want to pay for a feature I won't use, so if I'm missing out on performance just because they wanted to draw on their screen I'll be an unhappy customer. I'll deal with it if the laptop is very high quality though.

Thanks guys!

P.S.: I've thought this through very carefully and no, I do not want to build a PC. Portability matters a lot to me right now.

The Razer Blade Stealth has very good specs however and i know you said you dont want to build a PC but you really should build a PC.

I have a few good suggestions, though I'd like to first chime in on maybe why people tell you to build, and why so many people do it. 

The reason we on the LTT forums will always suggest you build is because at the end of the day; when you sit down to chill out and play some games or work on content creation, or whatever you might be doing that needs the computational horsepower, you will not really need to move around from any other place than a comfy chair. You say portability is important, and same here. I have a mATX tower which only weighs around maybe 8-9 lbs, and is very easy to take to and from my dorm on weekends and/or break. Unless you have a physical constraint (muscle atrophy, auto-immune disease, no arms) that prevents you from doing this, it isn't that bad. 

At the end of the day, a good laptop should ALWAYS prioritize good battery life. Gaming laptops always run short on battery life, and keep in mind ANY high-end laptop, even the Dell XPS 15, will suffer from this. Even with my XPS, I usually only get maybe 5-6 hours at most when really pushing it. Laptops with GPU's guzzle down energy, and I regret spending so much on a laptop when I could have put the money towards a MUCH better build that would last me longer. Its about longevity, and customization, not really trading off performance and inconvenience for portability. Keep in mind the purpose of a laptop: note taking, essay writing, etc. I feel you buying into a gaming machine will only make you have buyers regret a few months down the line. You also said you need it for school right? Imagine waking up late, rushing to class, realizing you forgot to charge, and there's no plugs. Even if you're at 50 percent, you'll lose your battery usually within an hour or two. And some classes can go upwards to 3 hours (at least at my Uni.)

All in all, consider building or even buying from CYBERPOWER PC or iBuyPower before you get a laptop with that budget.

Otherwise, the laptops linked below would do well for you:

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/xps-15-9560-laptop <--- Refreshed Dell XPS w/Kaby Lake Processor

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GS60-Ghost-Pro-002-Thunderbolt/dp/B0150PLJBS <--- MSI Ghost Pro laptop

And there's Razer, but since they are kinda.. overpriced IMO, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are getting the stealth:

https://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade-stealth 

Good luck in your hunt for a perfect PC! 

"I did it once... I can do it again! That's why I have two children" - Linus 2k15

Jesus Christ quit talking about building a PC I clearly said I didn't want to I need portability

Just now, Kirikoza said:

Jesus Christ quit talking about building a PC I clearly said I didn't want to I need portability

Just voicing an opinion, friend. Those linked machines below my wall of text should reach your requirements just fine 

"I did it once... I can do it again! That's why I have two children" - Linus 2k15

aorus x3 plus v6?  or aorus x3 plus v7? 14" and 1.8kg with a gtx1060

new_aorus_x3_plus_photo_01_1.png

Spoiler

7 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Real question is why are you buying a gaming laptop at all. Watch this:

And you're an idiot. This guy already showed enough ineptness when it came to describing the specifications of the laptop. He claims it has an 8GB SSD and rants about how that's too tiny to matter. It's a Hybrid SSHD and has been in production for a pretty damn long time if I remember correctly. :P His voice may be heavenly to listen to but his logic and knowledge offsets that and makes you dumber as a result.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

7 hours ago, Kirikoza said:

Basically I'm looking for a lighter than an ROG laptop with AT MOST a 15" display. Just something I can easily take from class to class and game on in my free time. In terms of power, just run CSGO at over 200 frames (i use csgo as a benchmark usually but I do frame limit) and Overwatch at over 60. My current laptop does this no problem and it's 3 years old and only cost me $1200. There must be a laptop out there for me like this and I'm guessing it will come from Razer. I have a couple months to gather the money so if something great os coming out sometime by mid to the end of summer let me know.

One thing I don't like is touchscreen. It doesn't bother me and I find it to be a nifty feature to have, but I don't really ever use it on my current 2in1, a laptop would be even less useful. The only reason I dislike it is that I don't want to pay for a feature I won't use, so if I'm missing out on performance just because they wanted to draw on their screen I'll be an unhappy customer. I'll deal with it if the laptop is very high quality though.

Thanks guys!

P.S.: I've thought this through very carefully and no, I do not want to build a PC. Portability matters a lot to me right now.

http://www.hidevolution.com/evoc-p650hp6-g-custom-built-gaming-laptop-w-nvidia-gtx-1060-w-g-sync.html

Fits the bill quite nicely too. You'll have to add an OS on separate, but the baseline price is exceedingly reasonable.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

8 hours ago, Kirikoza said:

snip

Are you located in the US? Recommendations changed based on geographics because of pricing and availability.

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

On 3/23/2017 at 5:45 AM, Imglidinhere said:

And you're an idiot. This guy already showed enough ineptness when it came to describing the specifications of the laptop. He claims it has an 8GB SSD and rants about how that's too tiny to matter. It's a Hybrid SSHD and has been in production for a pretty damn long time if I remember correctly. :P His voice may be heavenly to listen to but his logic and knowledge offsets that and makes you dumber as a result.

Yeah I saw some fallacy's in the video as well. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find a super valuable laptop, they're obviously going to cost a bit more than a built PC that's a given. But i'm really looking for something portable.

Thing is too I even game in class at times, mainly in classes that don't require much if any attention since i'm in junior college and i'm just forced to take these. And as for the comfort I just need a monitor when I get home so i'm not looking down constantly, which is easy to do.

On 3/23/2017 at 6:27 AM, Pendragon said:

Are you located in the US? Recommendations changed based on geographics because of pricing and availability.

Yeah, Texas in the US

1 hour ago, Kirikoza said:

Yeah, Texas in the US

The machine I listed a couple posts up should fit your bill nicely. Just outfit it with an SSD and the OS and you're pretty much good.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p