Costa Coffee Fail (Plus general tech fail thread)

Akima

On my daily commute this morning I noticed this.

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-22 at 8.30.30 AM.jpeg

Whoever won the lucrative contract of building the self-serve Costa Coffee machines must have been an absolute amateur. Its clearly running on Windows Embedded (no problem with that) but two major issues arise here:

1. Windows Embedded has a function to suppress error messages just like this. It's almost the #1 rule when creating an Embedded Image
  2. It's having HDD issues. Most likely because it faces a sudden loss of power every time the front opens for maintenance (daily maybe?). That'll kill the HDD unless they've enabled Enhanced Write Filters.

Two of the most fundamental functions of creating an Embedded image. Day 1 of Embedded Image training.

You see these kinds of silly issues all over the place. Digital signage, info kiosks, ATM machines!

Post your tech fails!

Is the coffee even any good?

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

6 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Is the coffee even any good?

It's not up to my usual coffee standards but it's the only stop on my commute to work that does coffee. Better than nothing.

Just now, Akima said:

It's not up to my usual coffee standards but it's the only stop on my commute to work that does coffee. Better than nothing.

I would rather get myself a travel mug and brew my own coffee in the morning in that case.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.