Biostar horror stories

I want to hear experiences with biostar. I'm planning on doing a build with one of their mobos. 

If you go to any forum and ask for horror stories on a brand expect the worst. I always stick with Gigabyte Asus and MSI. They have price ranging from 70 to 500 bucks. You will find something that suites your needs

Just now, tp95112 said:

If you go to any forum and ask for horror stories on a brand expect the worst.

Did you get a biostar

I have an old Biostar 939 micro atx board behind me that recently ate 2 cpu's.......... considering the age of it and the amount of use, I'd say it payed for itself long beyond the usefulness of those old processors.

I do have other 939 boards packed away and will, one day, pull them out and make sure the cpu's are actually shot vs just the board being bad.

I replaced it with an FM2 Biostar motherboard and FM2 dual core cpu recently. No problems yet. Will probably buy another.

MSI used to be really, really bad and Biostart aren't exactly the top tier boards, but I think even the "cheap" boards have become more reliable over the years........ and do I say it, even ECS........... oy!

but you get what you pay for.

6 minutes ago, linustouchtips said:

Did you get a biostar

Pick a random biostarr motherboard, open a newegg page of it and then sort reviews with 1,2 stars. There you have horror stories

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Pick a random biostarr motherboard, open a newegg page of it and then sort reviews with 1,2 stars. There you have horror stories

every mobo has bad reviews horror stories xD

every single newegg review goes like this "this is lousy poorly made never buying from manufacturer again". Then you scroll down "this is a good value nice mobo will buy from manufacturer again".

2 minutes ago, linustouchtips said:

every mobo has bad reviews horror stories xD

But if you know that why are you asking for horror stories? If you are making a build just chose whatever fits the budget.

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Very few Biostar boards have more than 3 stars that have more than a handful of reviews I have noticed. Heard enough about them and pretty much all of them have 3 or less stars so I avoid them.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

35 minutes ago, LabRat said:

and do I say it, even ECS........... oy!

but you get what you pay for.

One of the best LGA775 boards I have ever used was made by ECS. P45T-AD3. Overclocked like a monster.

All of the board makers make a one that really shines from time to time.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.