front panel USB 2.0 to 3.0

Ok so i plan to buy a Corsair 900D but with the current build i am working out for it, the motherboard that will be inside it (ASUS Prime Z270-AR) has no usb 2.0 ports but it does have 4 front usb 3.0 ports so i was wondering whether i'd be able to modify the case swapping the 4 usb 2.0 ports for 3.0 ports and then either covering up the potential holes left from the original 2 usb3.0 ports or using them for something else.

Would this be possible to do?

You could get a 3.0 to 2.0 header adapter for two of the cases USB ports, then get something like the NZXT Aperture M for usb 3.0 ports.

Computers r fun

1 minute ago, Ignis_Bellator said:

Ok so i plan to buy a Corsair 900D but with the current build i am working out for it, the motherboard that will be inside it (ASUS Prime Z270-AR) has no usb 2.0 ports but it does have 4 front usb 3.0 ports so i was wondering whether i'd be able to modify the case swapping the 4 usb 2.0 ports for 3.0 ports and then either covering up the potential holes left from the original 2 usb3.0 ports or using them for something else.

Would this be possible to do?

Get a PCIE adapter that allows you to plug in usb 2.0. 

1 minute ago, <Aleks> said:

Get a PCIE adapter that allows you to plug in usb 2.0. 

That would not only take up space, but PCIE lanes. And will cost more than a simple adapter.

Computers r fun

Ok yes those are both options but i'd like to know if this is possible, as if it is that would allow me to have the usb 3.0 speed as well as keeping both my PCIE slots and my drive bays free for any other parts that may end up in this build

that mobo DOES have usb 2.0 headers, left of Power header, right of the USB 3.0 header

Just now, UMxMarky94 said:

that mobo DOES have usb 2.0 headers, left of Power header, right of the USB 3.0 header

A visual Aid to help

sync-mb.png

Ah well then i could use those that's good the spec listings that i was looking at didn't state that it did

1 minute ago, Ignis_Bellator said:

Ah well then i could use those that's good the spec listings that i was looking at didn't state that it did

Always look at the montherboard manufacturer's specs, not a retail site or other third party, you'd be surprised how often they are wrong. 

From Asus's specs for the board: 

ports.png

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Always look at the montherboard manufacturer's specs, not a retail site or other third party, you'd be surprised how often they are wrong. 

From Asus's specs for the board: 

ports.png

Ah i see well I thank you and everyone else for the help as i'm still fairly new to building a custom system

23 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

That would not only take up space, but PCIE lanes. And will cost more than a simple adapter.

No. 

5 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

No. 

Whatever you do, make sure you do not provide evidence that supports your claims.

It doesnt make sense to waste PCIE slots and money on something that you have extra of natively on your motherboard.

Computers r fun

17 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Whatever you do, make sure you do not provide evidence that supports your claims.

It doesnt make sense to waste PCIE slots and money on something that you have extra of natively on your motherboard.

You're not... I cba to waste my time on you.

1 hour ago, <Aleks> said:

You're not... I cba to waste my time on you.

Then please provide evidence as to why your answer makes more sense than mine. I am here to learn more about others idea, so please share.

Computers r fun

1 hour ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Then please provide evidence as to why your answer makes more sense than mine. I am here to learn more about others idea, so please share.

I will do that, when I'm on my PC I cba to put out a paragraph on mobile.