Poor Sound with Sennheiser HD700

Avitus
1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

I know and agree that Z is useless, but he did do a video on the HD700 on multiple amps and noted a slight change in response between amps. Then when it came to connectors that changed things as well. I wonder how much merit there is to that, at least with the specific equipment he was using there.

Maybe it is particularly sensitive. If so, that's pretty dumb.

Just now, SSL said:

Maybe it is particularly sensitive. If so, that's pretty dumb.

What boggles my mind a bit is that the people I see with higher end Sennheiser headphones either have the HD800 or something way more conservative like the HD280. I never see anyone with the HD700.

Just now, Kloaked said:

What boggles my mind a bit is that the people I see with higher end Sennheiser headphones either have the HD800 or something way more conservative like the HD280. I never see anyone with the HD700.

Given the price of the HD 800 these days, it makes sense. Why bother with the HD 700 when you can get a HD 800 for not much more.

58 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

57 minutes ago, SSL said:

Given the price of the HD 800 these days, it makes sense. Why bother with the HD 700 when you can get a HD 800 for not much more.

and we must not forget that the sound signature of the 700s is fairly polarizing.

Kek the HD 800s cost 3 times as much as the HD 700 here in Denmark and the old HD 800's cost 2.5 times more than the HD 700. Yes pricing is fucked up here in Denmark.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.