Dell S2417DG customer reviews

Arjun_7506

How has your experience been with thus monitor? Good for $400? 

I have a MSI Gaming 6G gtx 980 ti

Excellent for 400 Dollar.

I had mine for 5 Weeks, then sold for the Acer XB241YU (same specs, just different OSD / Design).

I did have color Banding, on both, the Dell and Acer.

However, most do, and many don't notice it. Since it's only visible in very very dark areas, and mostly Youtube videos. In games, not a real bummer.

The mentioned Acer (in Germany here, +20€, so pretty much same Price) has a better OSD. Built in Gamma control, and other gaming Features like Hz Monitoring etc. It does also have built in speakers, which is nice (for the emergency when your real speakers break, you'll have at least some sound).

If in your Country the Dell is 400 bucks, and the Acer 500-550 or so, just take the Dell. If prices are similar, i personally would prefer the Acer.

Keep in Mind, Dell service is pretty damn great.

But: Colors are Excellent for beeing a TN panel,  165 Hz works fine, 1440p is nice on 24", and g-Sync is a VERY nice addition. You might say, you can calculate 150 bucks for the G_Sync module alone. So that would be $250 for 1440p and 165 Hz.

I could calibrate the Dell (just a few settings, not a real calibration with a spyder/x-rite) to look almost exactly as my IPS Dell U2414H.

For 400 bucks, if you don't mind TN, and if you're fine with 24", this Monitor offers a REALLY good overall package for gaming, and other stuff. Especially G-Sync makes it very great.

Using it with a GTX 1060 right now (just as fast as a GTX 980, so you have a better card)