Retro Gaming

yathis

Is Retro Pie or any of that sort easy to get working?

Like I mean, can I buy it ready to go?

How are the games acquired, I can figure out how to install them, but I just wonder about the games themselves how they are acquired to play.

Raspberry pi running retro pie is awesome. It does take a lot of reading and trial and error to get some stuff to work properly but it's a fun project, especially if you have kids and doing this as a project with them. 

Don't forget to add on costs for controllers, fightsticks and USB cables.

@ OP, 

while i havent done the retro pi yet myself i have done some emulation gaming before.

In many cases the user experience is dead on the same as playing the game on original hardware with the exception of having save states.

Some games do not run exactly as they did on original hardware and run at a different speed.  Sometimes its simply because the emulator doesnt know how to run it, and others it appears that the game is actually running at "normal" speed but the original hardware wasn't powerful enough to prevent slow down.

22 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

just get a pi, that thing is not worth its price 

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 2.43.09 PM.png

I think if you take the cost of materials and development into account the price is correct.

that being said it is still too damned expensive and i think people would have preferred some cheaper materials used to afford a lower price. 

I use a retro pi made with a raspberry 2.

It works well for old games, I had no problems whatsoever with NES and SNES games. Tho, the gameboy advance and PSone games I wanted to play gave me some issues on how they run or sound.

The installation process was pretty straightforward, you can find lots of guides online. It might take a hour or two to get everything working.

Yes that trial and error part I want to bypass, and buy one ready to go.

What about all the games, where do I buy them?

I want all the classics.