Weird problem when trying to start a game

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
4 minutes ago, Matej94 said:

I'll try to make this as clear as I can.

So my friend bought a new Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Windforce Edition and a EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze power supply. He also has a i5 2500k CPU and 2 x 4 GB RAM.

The problem is that when he tries to play games (Rocket League, Overwatch...) the PC shuts down and then turns on again. There is no blue screen of death etc.

We tried an old power cord and it wont work. Yesterday we tried it at my place and everything worked perfectly. Gaming on 2 screens (both 1080p) on 100 fps, recording with OBS at the same time. It all worked perfectly normal. Then we took the PC to his house and Rocket League and recording worked. When he started recording in Overwatch it shut down and restarted again. Now we can't even get the PC to start Rocket League or update any drivers. 

When he puts in the old power supply and old GPU GT 420 1GB it works again.

Does anyone know what It could be? Could it be the electricity in the house? Could a powerline conditioner help?

What is his new PSU?

So my friend bought a new Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Windforce Edition and a EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze power supply. He also has a i5 2500k CPU and 2 x 4 GB RAM.

The problem is that when he tries to play games (Rocket League, Overwatch...) the PC shuts down and then turns on again. There is no blue screen of death etc.

We tried an old power cord and it wont work. Yesterday we tried it at my place and everything worked perfectly. Gaming on 2 screens (both 1080p) on 100 fps, recording with OBS at the same time. It all worked perfectly normal. Then we took the PC to his house and Rocket League and recording worked. When he started recording in Overwatch it shut down and restarted again. Now we can't even get the PC to start Rocket League or update any drivers. 

Does anyone know what It could be? Could it be the electricity in the house? Could a powerline conditioner help?

4 minutes ago, Matej94 said:

What is his new PSU?

1 minute ago, Factory OC said:

What is his new PSU?

The EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze. It works on my place but not on his.