Some new headphones

RGProductions

So. I finally decided that my 668bs, as awesome as they are, don't cut it anymore. I have a FiiO e07k amp/dac as of now and may upgrade that soon. I have no set budget. Just wanting some options that sound good. Just because I have no set budget doesn't mean go crazy though, try to keep it reasonable.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

By default everyone including me will suggest HD558, they are great for overall usage and sound almost similar to the HD598.

Closedback would be DT770 :D 

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Just now, nicobombai said:

By default everyone including me will suggest HD558, they are great for overall usage and sound almost similar to the HD598.

Closedback would be DT770 :D 

I'm definitely an open back kind of guy. I do like the senheiser 5XX series though, as I can get referb units for $30-$40 for the 518s  $40-$50 for the 558s and $50-$60 for the 598s. Any other recommendations?

2 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

I'm definitely an open back kind of guy. I do like the senheiser 5XX series though, as I can get referb units for $30-$40 for the 518s  $40-$50 for the 558s and $50-$60 for the 598s. Any other recommendations?

What are you doing.Just audiophile stuff?For that I would go with any AKG unit.A 598 or a ATH M50x

My life

Those are good enough for general overall use. HD558 to be a more budget friendly solution for the HD598. But if both are cheap just get the HD598..

For a little bit more neutral it would be AKG612 pro and audio whoring in games, or more v-shape sound DT990...

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Just now, Himommies said:

What are you doing.Just audiophile stuff?For that I would go with any AKG unit.A 598 or a ATH M50x

Yeah, audiophile stuff. but gaming too. I don't really like the M50xs though.

Those are good enough for general overall use. HD558 to be a more budget friendly solution for the HD598. But both are cheap just get the HD598..

For a little bit more neutral it would be AKG612 pro and audio whoring in games, or more v-shape sound DT990...

Looking for something that might have some more bass while remaining neutral(ish) than the 668bs. Just something different for a change.

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Holy crap go for that (I have the closed-back versions, they're not the most comfortable out there but still great)

The m40x/50x is another popular option

That only pops up every 5-6 months. Usually it's the 518s and 558s.

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Holy crap go for that (I have the closed-back versions, they're not the most comfortable out there but still great)

The m40x/50x is another popular option

I've actually used the 598SE before and the comfort was worlds better than the 668b, even with aftermarket pads. I don't really like the M50x, but the M40x is a bit more appealing.

2 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Looking for something that might have some more bass while remaining neutral(ish) than the 668bs. Just something different for a change.

If that's the case i would go for HD558/598..

But if you do have the time and place to test them out, please do test the AKG 612 pro too..

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

That's a shame. I've heard the 558s are similar in sound quality, just a little cheaper build

IIRC they are the same(ish) build, but different drivers.

3 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

If that's the case i would go for HD558/598..

But if you do have the time and place to test them out, please do test the AKG 612 pro too..

Almost 100% sure my DAC/AMP can REALLY not power them well. 668bs are volume 18/60 at a very quiet level, and about 35/60 at the absolute max for listening at what I would call comfortable, although I do like my music quieter than a lot of people.

Nope, same drivers.

Huh. Odd. 

5 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

IT has been decided that I will get in my friend's 598SE's for a better test with something other than YT. Probably FLAC files that enjoy.  Then I'll see.

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Almost 100% sure my DAC/AMP can REALLY not power them well.

I think you should be fine as HD5xx series don't require an amp.. AKG 612 pro are more power consuming unit but its not very hard to drive these...

I think you should be fine as HD5xx series don't require an amp.. AKG 612 pro are more power consuming unit but its not very hard to drive these...

Yeah I was talking about the AKGs. My amp is already nearly at 1/2 powering these and they REALLY don't need it. They work fine on my cheap tablet. Yeah, I can confirm the 5XXs work fine of this amp.

I have the JBL Everest 700. Great sounding headphones. Over ear and super comfy, Bluetooth or wired, 25 hour battery life, not that this matters but it has a super cool charging cable that has a reversible USB-a port, a mode where it shares the audio signal to a second Bluetooth headphone, good looking, and it's on sale for $150 now. 

Just now, NSDUO said:

I have the JBL Everest 700. Great sounding headphones. Over ear and super comfy, Bluetooth or wired, 25 hour battery life, not that this matters but it has a super cool charging cable that has a reversible USB-a port, a mode where it shares the audio signal to a second Bluetooth headphone, good looking, and it's on sale for $150 now. 

Not really in that market right now. Right now I'm in the market for audiophile oriented open back stuff.

Just now, RGProductions said:

Not really in that market right now. Right now I'm in the market for audiophile oriented open back stuff.

Ok