LTT website and avast do not mix well.

Hello there! I thought you all might want to know this but lately on me and my friend's computers the LTT website ahs been throwing up malware warnings with our avast anti virus. I ran some tests and they were inconsistent with Avast only popping up on 1 in 5 computers on and off my network. Just thought you might want to know just in case something is going on with the servers that run the  LTT forums! :D ( https://gyazo.com/647d8f102bc6c431e2f2cfaa2cac70b7 ) and others something to do with the notifications! ( Any info on why this is happening )

Yours sincerely, Andy

I haven't been having any problems with my version of avast. Maybe because I like Firefox?

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

9 minutes ago, scooterandy11 said:

Hello there! I thought you all might want to know this but lately on me and my friend's computers the LTT website ahs been throwing up malware warnings with our avast anti virus. I ran some tests and they were inconsistent with Avast only popping up on 1 in 5 computers on and off my network. Just thought you might want to know just in case something is going on with the servers that run the  LTT forums! :D ( https://gyazo.com/647d8f102bc6c431e2f2cfaa2cac70b7 ) and others something to do with the notifications! ( Any info on why this is happening )

Yours sincerely, Andy

Been running Avast and no problems

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

19 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Avast doesn't play well with a lot of things. It's amazing how many issues can be caused by anti-virus programs that get a bit too pushy. 

It's not just Avast, antivirus programs like AVG, and Norton are completely fucking ridiculous. They do little to nothing for anyone who uses them unless they're inexperienced and download everything that appeals to them without thinking.

56 minutes ago, Jed M said:

It's not just Avast, antivirus programs like AVG, and Norton are completely fucking ridiculous. They do little to nothing for anyone who uses them unless they're inexperienced and download everything that appeals to them without thinking.

I would push Windows Defender like Gates' holy grail of consumer malware protection, but I, along with many, realise the only one really causing you the hassle is yourself. Get rid of these paid-for "solutions", they don't solve anything.

If you can't differ a website with a green security bar and a HTTPS protocol between one that has no form of security and has ads not aren't targetted enough at you to be even worth consideration, then sure, have a program that shouts at you for even thinking about visiting those sites.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I think its issue with some Chrome addon or extension rather than site itself. If it would be more constant over (aka something actually from website), there would be lot more reporting about it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Remember kids; common sense is the best anti-virus around!

idk