G sync laptop screen for portable lan rig

jk0078888

Heres my project

I see you can buy g sync laptop screen (g751) 17in with g sync for around 80 USD. I want to take this screen and buy a controller board for it and make a portable monitor for a mini itx lan box i built. Has this been done before with a g sync laptop screen? Is it possible to have the g sync as well? Looking for any direction. I suppose i dont NEED g sync, but the thought of having a 17.3in portable g sync dispaly is epic. 

3 minutes ago, jk0078888 said:

Heres my project

I see you can buy g sync laptop screen (g751) 17in with g sync for around 80 USD. I want to take this screen and buy a controller board for it and make a portable monitor for a mini itx lan box i built. Has this been done before with a g sync laptop screen? Is it possible to have the g sync as well? Looking for any direction. I suppose i dont NEED g sync, but the thought of having a 17.3in portable g sync dispaly is epic. 

The display panel itself is not where the "G-Sync" capability comes from, it's the controller board that does that. Unless you can buy a controller board that has G-Sync (I don't think you will find any), this is not possible.