Best AC/4.0 Card?

Karokiyu

Just as the title says. I need a PCIe Wifi/Bluetooth Card. What's the best one that isn't to excessive?

2 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

Here's one of the best Wi-Fi Cards on the market:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GMPZ0A/?tag=pcpapi-20

best and TP-LInk in one sentence dont really work out mate, those antennas alone basicly are a recipe for disaster.

EDIT: also, that's wireless N, 2009 called, they want their wifi back.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

best and TP-LInk in one sentence dont really work out mate, those antennas alone basicly are a recipe for disaster.

Well I am sorry that you feel that way. I do know of a M.2 (E) Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Card if you are okay with M.2.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

The AC1900 version seems good. I mean, I don't have that kind of wifi but still

1 minute ago, That_PC_Kid said:

Well I am sorry that you feel that way. I do know of a M.2 (E) Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Card if you are okay with M.2.

My Mobo Doesn't have M.2 sadly

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

That link does go to the N900, but there's buttons there for AC1300 and AC1900, I think he meant the AC1900 and just got the wrong link because of how Amazon works. But personally I agree, TP-link wireless cards aren't generally considered to be the most reliable in a few different ways. I think their routers are fine, just not the wireless cards. Of course I haven't read much about their AC cards, it's possible that those are perfectly fine.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

2 minutes ago, Karokiyu said:

My Mobo Doesn't have M.2 sadly

That's okay. You could go for the AC1900 version of the TP Link Card.

I have heard good things about ASUS PCIe wifi cards. If I was looking to add wifi to a desktop, I would go with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H9QMOMY/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1487707631&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=pcie+wifi

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/X9rcCJ/asus-pce-ac55bt-none-wi-fi-adapter-pce-ac55bt

something like this would do pretty good wifi wise.

i generally have a set bunch of requirements for wifi cards:

- not powered over USB, because simply the wattage isnt there

- not from brands that have proven to me to be absolute shit in the past (TP-link, for example)

- have a wired antenna. why you may ask? well.. because your case is essentially a farraday cage RIGHT in the way of your wifi signal.

5 minutes ago, brwainer said:

I think their routers are fine

having 3 of them in-house, i couldnt disagree more :D they're bog dirt cheap, but GOD are they terrible :P

EDIT: oh, forgot to mention, bluetooth wise, just get one of those usb dongle things. they're plenty good enough.

EDIT EDIT: that thing i liked appareantly has bluetooth 4.0 built in, nice :D

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/X9rcCJ/asus-pce-ac55bt-none-wi-fi-adapter-pce-ac55bt

something like this would do pretty good wifi wise.

i generally have a set bunch of requirements for wifi cards:

- not powered over USB, because simply the wattage isnt there

- not from brands that have proven to me to be absolute shit in the past (TP-link, for example)

- have a wired antenna. why you may ask? well.. because your case is essentially a farraday cage RIGHT in the way of your wifi signal.

having 3 of them in-house, i couldnt disagree more :D they're bog dirt cheap, but GOD are they terrible :P

You linked the asus AC55, I linked the Asus AC88 - so we agree on brand, just not on which one is the best :P

2 minutes ago, brwainer said:

You linked the asus AC55, I linked the Asus AC88 - so we agree on brand, just not on which one is the best :P

i've quite literally just sorted on price and picked the first decent one off the list :D

edit: oh, and it has bluetooth built in appareantly o.O

It really depends what you mean by best: fastest or most dependable. I use the intel 7260 adapter they sell as a kit with the antenna and slot adapter. I Only use it for Bluetooth at the moment but when I used the wifi it was rock solid. The antenna is not the best looking but you know you get quality when it's from intel:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106251&_ga=1.79236180.1961170310.1474764984