Quietest led molex fan

waterjug

I have the zalman z1 neo case, but the front blue led fans are really loud. I am looking for 2 quiet fans to replace them, with a molex connector, that light up blue. 

linus sex tips

5 minutes ago, wii8cookies said:

I have the zalman z1 neo case, but the front blue led fans are really loud. I am looking for 2 quiet fans to replace them, with a molex connector, that light up blue. 

why? just get 4 pin fan headers and split them? Most of the molex fans are loud as they are made extremely cheaply.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

5 minutes ago, wii8cookies said:

You can get any standard fan with an adapter or use splitters and just have them on the motherboard. 

Have you considered running the current molex fans at a lower voltage?

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Have you considered running the current molex fans at a lower voltage?

how do I do that? it's through the psu.

linus sex tips

2 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

why? just get 4 pin fan headers and split them? Most of the molex fans are loud as they are made extremely cheaply.

where would I buy a splitter? that connects from my psu?

linus sex tips

1 minute ago, wii8cookies said:

where would I buy a splitter? that connects from my psu?

A splitter would connect to the motherboard, that would allow regular 3 pin or 4 pin fans speed control. 

Check your fans. Some fixed speed fans are not really controllable. Even if you lower the voltage they will either stop or just pulsing, means spinning up and down all the time. Usually on the fans, it's written if they have variable speed. If they're not controlable, I would propose Enermax fans. Look for something below 15 dB, that's not really audible. Enermax fans also have a switch, which you can set in 3 different positions to find the best combination of speed and noise. But these are also running from PWM header, but the above mentioned adapter could help.

http://www.enermaxusa.com/fan.php

You will need adapter like this:

https://www.moddiy.com/products/4%2dPin-Molex-Connector-(Male)-to-3%2dPin-Fan-Connector-(Male)-%2d-All-Black.html

1 minute ago, W-L said:

A splitter would connect to the motherboard, that would allow regular 3 pin or 4 pin fans speed control. 

I only have 1 4-pin fan connector on my mobo. that's the exaust fan. I need front intake fans, so then I might need an extension. And also I don't really want to take my back panel off because uh... yeah, so thats why I wanted molex so I could just swap it.

linus sex tips

3 minutes ago, wii8cookies said:

I only have 1 4-pin fan connector on my mobo. that's the exaust fan. I need front intake fans, so then I might need an extension. And also I don't really want to take my back panel off because uh... yeah, so thats why I wanted molex so I could just swap it.

You can get a powered splitter then if you have 4 pin PWM fans to control and vary the speed of all of them. 

3 minutes ago, MarvinBOT said:

Those are fan controllers not the splitters I was referring to, it would be theses for 4 pin PWM based fans:

http://www.swiftech.com/8-WayPWMsplitter-sata.aspx