Purchased a product on Amazon, now its cheaper on the same page and Amazon doesn't match it... That's a first.

LaboonTheWhale

So I purchased a product on amazon and now its $20 cheaper. I messaged Amazon and they said its strict policy that they do not refund the difference even if its their own product. 

Every other retailer I've shopped with allowed this. I'm honestly surprised that Amazon doesn't. 

I'm not trying to sound like an entitled customer. Maybe I'm just too used to other retailers doing it. 

If I purchased the cheaper product, and returned the older product. But the older product is opened, so I'm returning the new product as the old product, would that be easily catchable? its not a product with a serial #. I'm just a guy who wants to save his money. 

I think I got them to adjust the price for me like 1 time.  Pretty much any time I've tried they say they don't price adjust themselves.  

I suggest placing a new order for the item and returning the first one.  You'll lose a little from the return shipping but you should still come out ahead.  

Edit: Wanting a price adjustment when the price changes soon after you buy something isn't being entitled douche.  It's not uncommon for price adjustments to be done if things go on sale soon enough after you buy them.  Granted not all businesses so but certainly Amazon could afford to be nicer than they are in this situation.  

Edited by Bleedingyamato

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I think I got them to adjust the price for me like 1 time.  Pretty much any time I've tried they say they don't price adjust themselves.  

I suggest placing a new order for the item and returning the first one.  You'll lose a little from the return shipping but you should still come out ahead.  

If its a product that doesn't have a serial # that needs to be scanned, I.E. Mobo, CPU, GPU, Game consoles, etc. It shouldn't be a problem right? 

2 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

If its a product that doesn't have a serial # that needs to be scanned, I.E. Mobo, CPU, GPU, Game consoles, etc. It shouldn't be a problem right? 

I don't return things to Amazon typically so I'm not very familiar with their return policy so you should check on that before doing anything.

If you place a new order you'll temporarily be paying for both items until you return the first one and get a refund so be aware of that.

But what you could do is wait until you get the new item and just send that one back when you do the return for your first order.  That way you get to enjoy the item now but you'll still be able to send back an unopened item.   

I don't return things to Amazon typically so I'm not very familiar with their return policy so you should check on that before doing anything.

If you place a new order you'll temporarily be paying for both items until you return the first one and get a refund so be aware of that.

But what you could do is wait until you get the new item and just send that one back when you do the return for your first order.  That way you get to enjoy the item now but you'll still be able to send back an unopened item.   

Thats what I was saying lol. 

Newegg has it cheaper.

Purchase from Newegg ---> Receive from Newegg ---> Return unopened product from Newegg to Amazon

Thats what I was saying lol. 

Newegg has it cheaper.

Purchase from Newegg ---> Receive from Newegg ---> Return unopened product from Newegg to Amazon

Oops.  Sorry.  I need to read closer.  ?

Do you mind if I ask what the item is?

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Oops.  Sorry.  I need to read closer.  ?

Do you mind if I ask what the item is?

A case lol 

A case lol 

I don't think it would be a problem but I'm not certain.  

I was just thinking: you'll pay for shipping from Newegg unless you already have a premier membership so that would eat into your savings along with paying for return shipping to Amazon.

So you might actually be better off just not ordering another of this case.  

I don't think it would be a problem but I'm not certain.  

I was just thinking: you'll pay for shipping from Newegg unless you already have a premier membership so that would eat into your savings along with paying for return shipping to Amazon.

So you might actually be better off just not ordering another of this case.  

its free ship 4-7 days ^.^ 

4 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

its free ship 4-7 days ^.^ 

Oh.   Nice.  Maybe it is worth it then.    I guess you have a decision to make then.  Good luck sorting this out.  ?

Oh.   Nice.  Maybe it is worth it then.    I guess you have a decision to make then.  Good luck sorting this out.  ?

Will try it out. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. lol 

Been there with my Gf's mouse. (a certain Logitech that's super popular) The same day I ordered, I checked the page and noticed it dropped around $10. 

When I asked if I could get the same price, I got fed some BS script and linked to a page that Amazon only adjusts price for TVs (wtf). 

Another incident with Amazon was their same day delivery system handled by what seems like disgruntled Uber drivers. Not only did my package arrive a day late (even though the lazy driver marked as delivered the previous day)--a cigarette butt was left on our porch by the package. 

I see little reason to renew my Prime membership. 

This has happened to me countless times buying from amazon. But remember this goes both way. One item in particular, 32gbs of DDR4 ram I bought for $200, next day it was $259,95. They didn't contact me the next day looking for the 59,95. lol

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

2 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

This has happened to me countless times buying from amazon. But remember this goes both way. One item in particular, 32gbs of DDR4 ram I bought for $200, next day it was $259,95. They didn't contact me the next day looking for the 59,95. lol

Thats different when retailers try to tote having the lowest/competitive pricing. Its counter intuitive if they demand you for more money. 

3 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Thats different when retailers try to tote having the lowest/competitive pricing. Its counter intuitive if they demand you for more money. 

Where did Amazon advertise that they had this item as being the lowest price? They didn't. Amazon doesn't demand money, they list products that consumers choose to buy. They don't even have hours of operation, so its at your own risk when you choose to buy. Simple as that   :P

However, I wasn't claiming it was the same. Simply for him to remember that this stuff happens. Amazon is a good company, but even they black list problem customers. Something to keep in my that is all.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

1 minute ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Where did Amazon advertise that they had this item as being the lowest price? They didn't. Amazon doesn't demand money, they list products that consumers choose to buy. They don't even have hours of operation, so its at your own risk when you choose to buy. Simple as that   :P

However, I wasn't claiming it was the same. Simply for him to remember that this stuff happens. Amazon is a good company, but even they black list problem customers. Something to keep in my that is all.

Thats why I said competitive. They tell you the typical auto answer when you ask about pricing in chat that "amazon looks to keep up with the best prices on the market" yadda yadda. 

For me it seems like a bit too much effort for $20. You have to repackage and ship back the old case, or buy another from Newegg and return that one (yet you'd be holding your money up there for a few days). And the one taking all of the loss for that is Amazon since you found it a little cheaper somewhere else or at a later date. Also, wouldn't you have to pay shipping fees for a returning an item to Amazon because you didn't want it? For a case that would be like $10-$20 bucks right?

1 minute ago, GreenToxon said:

For me it seems like a bit too much effort for $20. You have to repackage and ship back the old case, or buy another from Newegg and return that one (yet you'd be holding your money up there for a few days). And the one taking all of the loss for that is Amazon since you found it a little cheaper somewhere else or at a later date. Also, wouldn't you have to pay shipping fees for a returning an item to Amazon because you didn't want it? For a case that would be like $10-$20 bucks right?

Free shipping label was provided by amazon chat.