Dead red SubPixel

Moberg

I got dead red sub-pixel on a 6 months old Hamsun monitor. Is a dead sub-pixel categorized under dead or stuck pixel or just a dead sub-pixel. And is there a way to fix a dead sub-pixel or should I just deal with it.

• 2 weeks later...

It should be categorized under stuck pixel depending on your warranty they might replace it for you if its one of the cheaper ones sometimes only warrant 1 in the middle few around the edges ect.

You can occasionally unstuck pixels by applying pressure to the stuck pixel on and off a few times (search youtube) did this on one of my monitors and it worked for one pixel not for another (cheap irun 27" knock off) so hit and miss.

This is considered a bright pixel. Bright pixel is any pixel that shows a color or white.

Good monitor manufactures have 0 bright pixel warranty, as they use A+ graded panels, and such thing is not expected to happen.

From my understanding of Samsung warranty policy: http://www.samsung.com/my/support/wa...Information.do

-> you need 7 or more dead pixels

-> 0 bright pixel warranty is ONLY for the first 7 days

-> bright pixels are not covered.

-> You have to pay shipping to return your monitor and all original accessories to them. once it pass confirmation of your problem, a refurbished monitor will be sent back to you.

Wow.. you have been had.

For next time, I would suggest Dell UltraSharp monitors.

-> Better monitors than your Samsung. Dell uses LG panels.

-> No mater the screen resolution: you have a 0 bright pixel warranty for the entire warranty coverage. No zones or distance between each policy.. you see 1 or more you get a replacement

-> No mater your resolution: 6 dead pixel or more results in a replacement. Covers for the entire warranty of the monitor. No zones or distance between each policy.. you see 6 or more you get a replacement

-> While it will be a replacement model is a refurbished model, like any other monitor manufactures, Dell refurbished monitors are as good as new. Dell has a very good reputation on that.

-> 3 year warranty extendable to 5 years

-> Shipping is paid BOTH directions! You have a problem with the monitor, Dell will ship you a monitor while you KEEP the current one. And once you receive it, you just swamp them, out, and in the box you'll find a pre-paid shipping label. Simply stick it above the old one, and call the appropriate mail carrier to come and pick it up. That simple. You pay nothing, and you always have a monitor on your desk. In teh case of Samsung, you'll have to ship the monitor to them.. that will take several days. then you'll have to wait for them to inspect it and confirm.. that will also take a few days to a week, and then you have to wait for the return monitor. And if they don't approve, you just wasted shipping that thing, and not have a monitor for a week or two.

Didn't know about the (rather lousy) samsung warranty. Bought a S27A950 a couple of weeks ago,that had a stuck red pixel out of box. Disappeared after a couple of hours tho...

Really like 120Hz, despite not having quite the GPU to run games at +120fps, I really like the low input lag, and the fast response time. More fluent motion than any monitor I ever tired.

I got dead red sub-pixel on a 6 months old Hamsun monitor. Is a dead sub-pixel categorized under dead or stuck pixel or just a dead sub-pixel. And is there a way to fix a dead sub-pixel or should I just deal with it.

try this http://www.jscreenfix.com/

If you look it up Linus did a video on this sometimes they don't change the monitor unless its in the middle or depending on the place you got it if you push where it is for about a minute while its on sometimes that fixes it good luck