0xc000000e After cloning hdd to SSD

Go to solution Solved by Thunder_Ruler0,

well it seems that I have everything sorted out now. Although I had the hope that I didn't need to reinstall my OS, it seems that no matter what program I tried, I kept getting the same results, that being error 0xc000000e. So instead, what I had done was:

1. Download the media creation tool from Microsoft, and install the proper ISO onto a disk to install 

2. unplug all the HDD's and leave the SSD,

3. Inserted the DVD with the ISO and went through with all the installation with no problems

4. Downloaded all the programs myself back again, same with drivers. This probably took the most time since the computer is slow without all the optimal drivers.

5. restart a couple times, and once everything is installed, plug the old HDD back and format using disk manager. 

Now I use my 3 HDD's for mass storage, and the SSD for programs and the OS. Couldn't be more happy.  Hope this helps anyones that might have had the same issue. The 0xc000000e cant be fixed without special software, and HDD cloning software doesn't seem to work on certain computers (like mine) so instead i'd recommend just installing the OS again. 

i've been trying to get windows 10 to boot from my new SSD, to replace my HDD. I recently made a clone of the HDD using EaseUS Todo Backup which is a free program that clones your drives. Others seem to have it work just fine where they clone the HDD to the SSD which selecting "optimize for SSD" and just replacing the drives work like a dream.

However for me, when I remove the old drive and plug in the new one, I get the error 0xc000000e "The Application or programs could not be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors."

Im using windows 10 so I don't have a disk to repair it, and I really, really don't want to manually install windows 7 and upgrade to windows 10 with all the mumbo jumbo. 

Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ ThinkPad T430

Do you still have the original copy on your HDD? I would go back and try wiping your SSD and copying it over using Macrium Reflect. That program seems to do the best job going from HDD to SSD.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

1 minute ago, JR8 said:

Do you still have the original copy on your HDD? I would go back and try wiping your SSD and copying it over using Macrium Reflect. That program seems to do the best job going from HDD to SSD.

Yes I do, If you think that works i'll try it all over again. Can you send me the link?

1 minute ago, Thunder_Ruler0 said:

Yes I do, If you think that works i'll try it all over again. Can you send me the link?

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

It's worth the shot IMHO.

Good luck to you!

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

1 minute ago, JR8 said:

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

It's worth the shot IMHO.

Good luck to you!

Thanks! If that doesn't work, i'll just try to manually install the file with an ISO burned to a disk. If it does work however, i'll let you know 

10 minutes ago, Thunder_Ruler0 said:

Im using windows 10 so I don't have a disk to repair it, and I really, really don't want to manually install windows 7 and upgrade to windows 10 with all the mumbo jumbo. 

You do not need to install 7 and upgrade. You can just download the media creation tool from MS directly and install 10 straight without putting 7 on there.

Doing a clean install is always recommended when switching to SSD. Not just the optimization stuff but its also a good time to clean out unnecessary stuff and start fresh.

When in doubt, re-format.

9 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

You do not need to install 7 and upgrade. You can just download the media creation tool from MS directly and install 10 straight without putting 7 on there.

Doing a clean install is always recommended when switching to SSD. Not just the optimization stuff but its also a good time to clean out unnecessary stuff and start fresh.

i just found the tool and I think this is whats going to be the to-go thing for me if cloning doesn't work. Though, is there a way to make a backup of the current OS and, clean install windows 10 on the SSD, and then put back some of the programs that I would like to keep? if so i'll just do that instead. 

1 minute ago, Thunder_Ruler0 said:

Though, is there a way to make a backup of the current OS and, clean install windows 10 on the SSD, and then put back some of the programs that I would like to keep?

While I am sure there are tools out there that advertise this functionality, I highly doubt as to their efficacy, specifically in bringing select programs over correctly and without problems.

If you choose to do a clean install on the SSD, unplug your HDD while doing this, and then once windows is up and running on the SSD, plug the old hdd back in and copy any stuff over. Or don't copy anything over and keep the old one as a DATA drive with all your junk on it and keep the SSD clear for your most played/used games/applications.

You will have to re-install all software, but at least you wont also have to go on an uninstalling spree to get rid of old bloatware.

When in doubt, re-format.

well it seems that I have everything sorted out now. Although I had the hope that I didn't need to reinstall my OS, it seems that no matter what program I tried, I kept getting the same results, that being error 0xc000000e. So instead, what I had done was:

1. Download the media creation tool from Microsoft, and install the proper ISO onto a disk to install 

2. unplug all the HDD's and leave the SSD,

3. Inserted the DVD with the ISO and went through with all the installation with no problems

4. Downloaded all the programs myself back again, same with drivers. This probably took the most time since the computer is slow without all the optimal drivers.

5. restart a couple times, and once everything is installed, plug the old HDD back and format using disk manager. 

Now I use my 3 HDD's for mass storage, and the SSD for programs and the OS. Couldn't be more happy.  Hope this helps anyones that might have had the same issue. The 0xc000000e cant be fixed without special software, and HDD cloning software doesn't seem to work on certain computers (like mine) so instead i'd recommend just installing the OS again.