What do you guys think about the Thermaltake Riing fans?

Cyberspirit

I have a Fractal design Define S case and i think the stock fans are a bit noisy (or they make my case vibrate im not sure) so i'd like to replace them.

I just built this pc a couple days ago so nothing should be broken or anything.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Does running the fans out of the case or turning them off stop the noise?

Riings are alright fans that look nice. They aren't as good as the stock GP-14's. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's more flashy than it is good performing for the price. It's really only one or the other these days.

"Rawr XD"

i stopped them and its still noisy so i guess its the HDD.

i don't know if that could be eliminated or not because currently i don't have an SSD for a boot drive.

2 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

i stopped them and its still noisy so i guess its the HDD.

i don't know if that could be eliminated or not because currently i don't have an SSD for a boot drive.

You could suspend your hdd with elastics or in foam molds like I do. 

18s3slpzyso69png.png

470e8d8032552b411587a8b8e7ac2747.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I might try to do that just need to figure out how. 

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Question: If I put windows and stuff I use on an SSD will the HDD only spin up when I use it? 

Also does it matter how the HDD is oriented? In the define s it's sideways so that might be why it's noisy? 

5 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

I might try to do that just need to figure out how. 

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Question: If I put windows and stuff I use on an SSD will the HDD only spin up when I use it? 

Also does it matter how the HDD is oriented? In the define s it's sideways so that might be why it's noisy? 

You can choose which drives to boot up in the motherboard settings and how long it takes before an inactive drive turns off in Windows' Power Options. 

I haven't noticed any difference in noise with different orientations and doubt that's the cause.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

38 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

You can choose which drives to boot up in the motherboard settings and how long it takes before an inactive drive turns off in Windows' Power Options. 

I haven't noticed any difference in noise with different orientations and doubt that's the cause.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Oh sorry i always forget to quote. Thanks again for the tips :)