Can I Backup the save file only from Steam?

colmanhymx
Go to solution Solved by tp95112,

Depends on the game. Some are saved in userdata, Mygames,Documents etc. It varies game from game to game. Check the games you really care about. Google will give you most answers

So I'm clearing some space on my game drive for the os backup, so i'd want to back up the save files of some old games and delete them, but while still keeping the option of installing it some time later if i wanted to play that game and don't want to replay the game over. Is it possible to just backup the save files instead of the whole game? I don't have a lot of free space on my data drive and i'd still have ~15-20 games to clear. Thanks!

Depends on the game. Some are saved in userdata, Mygames,Documents etc. It varies game from game to game. Check the games you really care about. Google will give you most answers

1 minute ago, tp95112 said:

I've noticed that steam have a backup function, but is it only for the whole game (Game Data and save)? or is there an option to choose save file only?

Just now, igan3w_ said:

I've noticed that steam have a backup function, but is it only for the whole game (Game Data and save)? or is there an option to choose save file only?

Only the game

1 minute ago, tp95112 said:

Only the game

I see. So if i copied the save data from the file in file explorer, how do i load the save file when i reinstalled the game afterwards? 

1 minute ago, igan3w_ said:

I see. So if i copied the save data from the file in file explorer, how do i load the save file when i reinstalled the game afterwards? 

The game will automatically redirect to its save location. So if the game saves its gave in mygames. it will create a folder for its self and you can put the save in the save folder

5 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

The game will automatically redirect to its save location. So if the game saves its gave in mygames. it will create a folder for its self and you can put the save in the save folder

Thanks a lot! You just saved me 50Gigs of hd space because i was originally going to use the steam backup function!!! Thanksss so much!