Choke point, what to upgrade?

Hi! I'm new to PC gaming but iv'e learned alot latley according to pc builds (it's addictive) jokes aside i have a question i hope you guys can help me with instead of running around the webb searching for my problem :) 

I have a Acer Predator g3-605 1,5gb.  1tb hard drive 8gb of ram and i switched out the nvidia 760 graphics card for a new ASUS rog strix gtx1060 oc 6gb gpu. As you may guess i wanted to run my games smooth on higher graphics since who doesn't want that? :D 

But when i installed the gpu and set eveything up i still game on the same fps with the same settings with my new gpu. So i started to wonder "well clearly it semms like my cpu and motherboard is maxed out" Since i know that if the cpu doesn't support the gpu's power the cpu cuts the power on the gpu to be able to handle the information process.

I have an i5 4460 cpu (factory component) such as the rest of the pc except the gpu. To what my research have told me i have a FCLGA1150 socket and i wonder if i can just find any better cpu with that socket? or do i have to upgrade well both motherboard and cpu? Is it possible that there are other factors playing part of my problem?

If you have the time and awnser i would appreciate the help since iv'e only own anything about pc gaming since November 2016 so this rookie needs a pro tip!

Operating System
 Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
 Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz 32 °C
 Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
 8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
 Acer Predator G3-605 (LGA1150) 35 °C
Graphics
 2470W (1920x1080@60Hz)
 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (ASUStek Computer Inc) 37 °C
Storage
 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-21M2NA0 (SATA) 31 °C
Optical Drives
 MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0
Audio
 Realtek High Definition Audio

i copy pasted from information i got from the speccy program i hope that's what you meant me to do haha, thank you for fast awnser it's appreciated!

Edited by Lukas Dolk

2 minutes ago, Lukas Dolk said:

RAM
 8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)

First, I would check to see if you're playing with v-sync enabled. This limits your fps to your monitor's refresh rate while eliminating screen tearing, which is a good thing for a smooth experience. 

If you feel like you're not getting enough performance, I would upgrade your memory to faster memory. The tricky thing here is that I am unable to find more information about the motherboard in that specific system (such as the highest speed that it supports for memory). However, you do have fast enough memory for both games, so your main bottleneck here would be your CPU.

The best thing you could do without spending any money is going into your BIOS and enabling Intel Turbo Boost if you haven't already.

17 minutes ago, Lukas Dolk said:

But when i installed the gpu and set eveything up i still game on the same fps with the same settings with my new gpu.

Could you be more specific about this? What game were you playing? Did you have a framerate cap or vsync on? What's your monitor resolution? Did you use the same graphics settings between the two video cards?

Technically speaking the i5-4460 should be upgradeable, as LGA-1150 (I think FCLGA1150 is just the overly technical Intel uses on spec sheets) is just the ordinary socket used for all desktop Haswell and Broadwell CPUs. Anything up to the i7-4790K and i7-5775C should work in it. Though since it's a pre-built system there may be other obstacles involved.

Yeah i have dissabled v-sync on all my games and on counter-strike i play on about 100-200 fps (varies on map) but when it comes to Arma 3 i get 20fps up to barely 40 fps on low graphic setting (same as my old gpu) Like you said it seems like a cpu issue but i would like to find a cpu thats compatible with the motherboard socket and such. I don't really know how to get into the bois unfortunantley since i'm a complete beginner to this whole Pc stuff it took me a while to get to know how to copy paste haha. But i bet there some guide to how i open the bois. But once again thanks for helping another fellow out! :)

full hd 24" 60hz monitor

no v-sync enabled

I played counter-strike global offensive (maxed out)

I tested Arma 3 (low-normal setting)

Rainbow six seige (maxed out)

I played with the same settings on each game and the game ran the same as before except rainbow six seige where i bumped everything up max (good results)

but on arma when i bumped up the settings the pc just said nope and ran on 12fps (all the way from ultra to high settings)

On counter-strike i had the same settings as the 760 OEM card and got same results :)

I would say a i7 4770

Also you should get a SSD, Atleast a 128GB one for OS, Steam, etc...

May sounds strange, but just reinstall windows, then drivers, see if it improves.

A 1060 can't produce the same fps as the 760 with the same settings...

Your RAM is DDR3 @ 1600mhz (in system info and CPUZ it will shows 799Mhz which is half that, no idea why but that's what it is for every system), which is decent, should not affect gaming performance that much.

CPU is OK too, an i5 is still an i5, OC'ed or not, it will still give decent to good performance.

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

MilfShake how do you mean when u say it cannot produce the same fps?

And do you have any recommendations to what ssd i should buy? I watched a Youtube video installing an ssd into this very pc and he said it has to be a specific sata lll ssd if i remember correctly

to add on this subject..

I recently played rainbow six seige on highest res and graphics and i where getting really impressive results. Main menu was at 800fps and the "character intro" was above 1k fps. In game it kept stable between 100-200 fps wich i am verry happy with. Although as i said earlier the games such as Arma 3 and counterstrike kept same performance as the gtx760OEM card. One person has told me that some games run it more on the cpu instead of the gpu is that correct? I feel like it doesn't 100% sound right? or am i wrong? Take care all of u guys! :D