Food Saftey

Xanthe_2871

Ok this is very, very off topic, but I have a frozen bag of Tyson chicken nuggets. I wanted to heat some up in the microwave but I noticed the unopened bag is fully inflated like a potato chip bag. Before I make this meal I'd like to know, if this a sign the food is contaminated with something, or rotting in some way? Or is that normal? It seems to me the last time I bought a bag of these the package was limp, minus the contents inside. 

This isn't a junk post or a troll, I'm very serious. I don't want to get sick, but I also don't want to throw away a big family bag of chicken if I don't need to. We waste enough food as it is in this country! Not to mention, typing on this keyboard in an active forum is easier then getting up and going out to buy more food...

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

2 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Not to mention, typing on this keyboard in an active forum is easier then getting up and going out to buy more food...

+1 for using LTT instead of other techless forum

Anyway do you see any color change? 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

+1 for using LTT instead of other techless forum

Anyway do you see any color change? 

LTT is the most active forum I use for anything, period.

Not at all. Smells normal too.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

LTT is the most active forum I use for anything, period.

Not at all. Smells normal too.

I doubt one bad meal of chicken nugget can kill you. Give it a try. 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Very well. Unless someone else has something to say in the next, 10-12 minutes, I shall. O.o

20 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

They taste fine! Looks like it was nothing after all :)

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

They taste fine! Looks like it was nothing after all :)

I'm the dumbass who burns this stuff for a living...

Think about this. You've removed a bag that was at one time frozen with very cold air within the bag from what I'm hoping was a freezer...

You've had that bag in an environment warmer than the freezer.

Warm air takes up more space than cold air...

8 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

I'm the dumbass who burns this stuff for a living...

Think about this. You've removed a bag that was at one time frozen with very cold air within the bag from what I'm hoping was a freezer...

You've had that bag in an environment warmer than the freezer.

Warm air takes up more space than cold air...

That, is a very good point! I'm probably just paranoid. We have so many food born illnesses these days.

6 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

That, is a very good point! I'm probably just paranoid. We have so many food born illnesses these days.

Yeah, but most countries around the world use a HACCP standard or something close to it, especially if they're exporting to the 1st world. If it's a sealed packet, and in date, very rarely do you have to worry about the food you're eating unless it's damaged or discoloured. Frozen food is one of the exceptions, as you're never sure if some dumbass has left a box sitting in the sun for a few hours.

I'm lucky as anything I buy comes through companies that have to follow the same standards I use. Anything you buy should have to follow the same standards as well, but some companies are a little lax about enforcing these standards. The only advice I can give is that if you're worried about a food product, return it to where you brought it. Let them deal with the company in question.

1 hour ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Ok this is very, very off topic, but I have a frozen bag of Tyson chicken nuggets. I wanted to heat some up in the microwave but I noticed the unopened bag is fully inflated like a potato chip bag. Before I make this meal I'd like to know, if this a sign the food is contaminated with something, or rotting in some way? Or is that normal? It seems to me the last time I bought a bag of these the package was limp, minus the contents inside. 

This isn't a junk post or a troll, I'm very serious. I don't want to get sick, but I also don't want to throw away a big family bag of chicken if I don't need to. We waste enough food as it is in this country! Not to mention, typing on this keyboard in an active forum is easier then getting up and going out to buy more food...

Most inflated sealed bags are fiull of nitrogen, which helps keep the food inside fresh an uncontaminated (nitrogen is the fucking best). So maybe that's what it is.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR