Nvidia Shadowplay Picking Up Keyboard Noise when Mic is off.

Hi, 

So I've just recently played back some Shadow play footage that I took about 2 days ago and I'm extremly puzzled. I always set Nvidia Shadowplay mic to off and if I want to record my voice I use Audacity. However, this footage was when I'm not using Audacity. What's got me really confused is that Shadowplay picked up my Mechanical Keyboard clacks even though the Shadowplay mic setting was set to off and It didn't pick up my voice when the indicator said I was speaking in game. So how can I clearly hear my keyboard, but nothing else? Also note that It is here and there I heard perhaps 4-5 clacks at a period when I was typing words that would have produced at least 10 clacks. Perhaps a key is triggering the mic? I don't have any special macros nor did I set the Shadowplay to record my mic when I hit a key it was off. How is this possible?

12 minutes ago, Sir. Nicolas Remington said:

Hi, 

So I've just recently played back some Shadow play footage that I took about 2 days ago and I'm extremly puzzled. I always set Nvidia Shadowplay mic to off and if I want to record my voice I use Audacity. However, this footage was when I'm not using Audacity. What's got me really confused is that Shadowplay picked up my Mechanical Keyboard clacks even though the Shadowplay mic setting was set to off and It didn't pick up my voice when the indicator said I was speaking in game. So how can I clearly hear my keyboard, but nothing else? Also note that It is here and there I heard perhaps 4-5 clacks at a period when I was typing words that would have produced at least 10 clacks. Perhaps a key is triggering the mic? I don't have any special macros nor did I set the Shadowplay to record my mic when I hit a key it was off. How is this possible?

Could be EMI or something weird. My old computer used to make different sounds depending on what I'm doing. Moving the mouse results in a steady buzz, opening things up can cause clicking noises, and pressing keys can cause short buzzes. Maybe one of those fancy ground-loop thingies.

1 minute ago, SageOfSpice said:

Could be EMI or something weird. My old computer used to make different sounds depending on what I'm doing. Moving the mouse results in a steady buzz, opening things up can cause clicking noises, and pressing keys can cause short buzzes. Maybe one of those fancy ground-loop thingies.

I don't think It's my Windows enviroment. I have system sounds disabled in case notifications make noise when I'm reccording. I played It back multiple times. It is without a doubt my Blue switch Mechanical keyboard. The question is however, how can Shadowplay hear it and why does it hear it only sometimes. 

20 minutes ago, Sir. Nicolas Remington said:

I don't think It's my Windows enviroment. I have system sounds disabled in case notifications make noise when I'm reccording. I played It back multiple times. It is without a doubt my Blue switch Mechanical keyboard. The question is however, how can Shadowplay hear it and why does it hear it only sometimes. 

u probs have another recording device and dont realise

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

u probs have another recording device and dont realise

I do have some virtual audio devices, but they require the application to be launched to work, and I haven't opened It in months. I'm going to take a wild guess and end it there. Rear motherboard I/O has 3 3.5mm ports. Green for Audio out, Pink for Mic, and Blue for Audio In. Green goes to my Yamaha Mixer board and splits into L/R 6mm jacks. Which goes to my speakers. I also have a L/R coxial that goes to the blue port. Pink is pluged into my mic. My theroy is that some audio device is glitching and for brief periods records my mic sounds and replays it which in returns runs out the computer and comes back which Is detected by shadowplay as if it was some in-game sound.