Possible AMD RYZEN release date.

Stumbled on this article about the upcoming RYZEN release date, lets keep our fingers crossed.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/242649-amds-ryzen-sort-gets-release-date

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

lovely I am currently in the middle of shipping away my already sold old mobo cpu and ram so i think I'll maybe upgrade to Ryzen

That would be exciting if the leaks didn't have Ryzen perfoming under Kabylake in gaming and the feature set wasn't horrible. 4 lanes to the chip set? Only 16 lanes for graphics? 

But yeah, looks to be a gobfor late February. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

18 minutes ago, App4that said:

That would be exciting if the leaks didn't have Ryzen perfoming under Kabylake in gaming and the feature set wasn't horrible.

Idk, I think that in games like Battlefield 1, Ryzen would perform better.....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

27 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Idk, I think that in games like Battlefield 1, Ryzen would perform better.....

There are a few games that favor cores, but nothing close to a trend making it worth chosing cores over performance. The Steam survey showed that when the most commonly played games in 2016 were from 2015. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

There are a few games that favor cores, but nothing close to a trend making it worth chosing cores over performance. The Steam survey showed that when the most commonly played games in 2016 were from 2015. 

I know, I am just saying, that in Battlefield 1, which can use even 8 cores, Ryzen would have a slight edge, hence why AMD used Battlefield 1 at CES ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I know, I am just saying, that in Battlefield 1, which can use even 8 cores, Ryzen would have a slight edge, hence why AMD used Battlefield 1 at CES ;)

Now if they could make the game not borring I'd be a AMD fan for life LOL

The thing that still bugs me about that though is using the Titan X, not a 1080p run with a RX 480. 4k is about the graphics card, not the CPU. A 1080p demo using a RX 480 would be way more impressive,  and not show that Vega can't beat a Titan X.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Now if they could make the game not borring I'd be a AMD fan for life LOL

The thing that still bugs me about that though is using the Titan X, not a 1080p run with a RX 480. 4k is about the graphics card, not the CPU. A 1080p demo using a RX 480 would be way more impressive,  and not show that Vega can't beat a Titan X.

I heard that a Swedish reviewer tried to lower the settings and resolution, but they didn't allow him.

Interesting why AMD wouldn't allow him to do that.............................................

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I heard that a Swedish reviewer tried to lower the settings and resolution, but they didn't allow him.

Interesting why AMD wouldn't allow him to do that.............................................

Did you see the hitching? They don't have support yet. Staying at 4k ultra puts the load on the GPU.

Not the end of the world, all manufacturers put on a magic show. 

28 minutes ago, App4that said:

Did you see the hitching? They don't have support yet. Staying at 4k ultra puts the load on the GPU.

Not the end of the world, all manufacturers put on a magic show. 

Currently I play at 4k, but can't stream the quality I want on my CPU simultaneously (I7 6700k overclocked to 4.4). I am hoping that the higher core Ryzen will come in at a good price point, so I don't end up having to build a second rig just to stream content. Thats the hope anyways.

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

14 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Currently I play at 4k, but can't stream the quality I want on my CPU simultaneously (I7 6700k overclocked to 4.4). I am hoping that the higher core Ryzen will come in at a good price point, so I don't end up having to build a second rig just to stream content. Thats the hope anyways.

You my friend are the target market for Ryzen. I'm still holding final judgment and money in my account until the benchmarks hit. I'd hate myself if Ryzen ended up being what the leaks say it's not and I couldn't buy in. 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

You my friend are the target market for Ryzen. I'm still holding final judgment and money in my account until the benchmarks hit. I'd hate myself if Ryzen ended up being what the leaks say it's not and I couldn't buy in. 

I totally agree, I am trying to stay reserved and not buy into hype, but if AMD can undercut the cost with INTEL and become viable again, that is good for all us consumers as hopefully it creates more competition between them which can only lead to lower costs for us and more push for actual innovation.

22 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

I totally agree, I am trying to stay reserved and not buy into hype, but if AMD can undercut the cost with INTEL and become viable again, that is good for all us consumers as hopefully it creates more competition between them which can only lead to lower costs for us and more push for actual innovation.

But the FX undercut Intel already. We don't need more cheap products from AMD, we need them to make something that performs. And only having 16 graphics lanes and 2 memory channels isn't a great start.

13 minutes ago, App4that said:

But the FX undercut Intel already. We don't need more cheap products from AMD, we need them to make something that performs. And only having 16 graphics lanes and 2 memory channels isn't a great start.

FX created a real alternative, but given that Intel fired back with the 1060 and 1050ti I feel it negates actually undercutting. But performance yeah more of that. ?