*Your connection is not private*

Go to solution Solved by gtx1060=value,

did you update chrome? i had that error a lot with firefox too, but not chrome, try uninstalling then reinstalling

Okay so if someone could help me I would be greatly appreciative, whenever I try to go to most sites now it says "Your Connection Is Not Secure" and looks like the certificates are out of date for those websites, I have recently just got new wifi, but only happening on my chrome os laptop, I have tried resetting my computer but didnt help, reset chrome settings, didnt help, and MY TIME AND DATE ARE CORRECT. Kept popping up whenever I was trying to search online for answers. Thanks again for any help and or suggestions! 

Screenshot 2017-01-09 at 8.45.17 PM.png

did you update chrome? i had that error a lot with firefox too, but not chrome, try uninstalling then reinstalling

looks like a bug in chrome since around nov 2016 https://codereview.chromium.org/2495583002

update: wow chromebook help forum appears to be full of dicks.

also theres a fix in updating chrome to version 55. I'm running version 55 and i have no problems

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

wow im dumb, but then again didnt see any notifications about a chrome update...well thanks!

8 minutes ago, PCN00B said:

wow im dumb, but then again didnt see any notifications about a chrome update...well thanks!

For transparency reasons, it can try to update itself in the background, especially if you restart it or the computer. Only those like me who keep the computer and browser open indefinitely, will it try to ask you to restart the program to update.