Which Mouse Mat?

Misinthe

Hi everyone, trying to decide which mouse mat is good for me, I play all types of games, fps, rpg, mmorpg, so I don't really have a type like speed or stuff for it, I do want one with a nice design like the Corsair MM300, but I don't know what's with the Anti-Frail, Hard Surface, Dual-Sided Hard Surface and stuff. Thanks for the comments.

I use the razer goliathus "speed version" its the 1st mouse pad I've had I consider "quality" rather than some cheap POS

Hard mouse pads are just that, hard. They are plastic and can make an unpleasant noise depending on how your mouse is designed as it's dragged over it. 

Anti-fray has...I dunno some special fabric on the border of soft mouse pads to help them be more durable and not look gross/damaged 

dual sided hard surface usually has a smoother faster side and a slightly textured slower side.

Personally, I go wth Large (as in 3 ft wide cloth pads that are designed for speed over control (the razer goliathus has a control version too)

Also depending on the mouse and its sensor designs on the mousepads can cause tracking issues,

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

steelseires qck cant go wrong with that and the best bit is their dirt cheap standard size ons is about £8 

I lurk a lot

Larger is better. I didn't understand until I got one myself. A big mousepad really is a lifesaver. Also, soft is going to be better than hard for just about everything. Razer, Mionix, Logitech, and plenty of noname brands have some decent ones, but I'd go for the big names for warranty and quality control.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

13 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

-Snip-

Problem with the razer is that it's very green, so it doesn't go well with my whole setup, I see what Anti-Frail is now, that thing on the border that makes the ends not split. I was thinking on getting extended, like to put mouse and keyboard on it. Right now I have. Genius GX mouse, but planning on getting the G502 Spectrum.

9 minutes ago, peej said:

steelseires qck cant go wrong with that and the best bit is their dirt cheap standard size ons is about £8 

Yeah but I want big one.

9 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

Larger is better. I didn't understand until I got one myself. A big mousepad really is a lifesaver. Also, soft is going to be better than hard for just about everything. Razer, Mionix, Logitech, and plenty of noname brands have some decent ones, but I'd go for the big names for warranty and quality control.

Yeah, I want an extended one.

2 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Problem with the razer is that it's very green, so it doesn't go well with my whole setup, I see what Anti-Frail is now, that thing on the border that makes the ends not split. I was thinking on getting extended, like to put mouse and keyboard on it. Right now I have. Genius GX mouse, but planning on getting the G502 Spectrum.

Yeah but I want big one.

I used to have a 700s Razer Mamba (older models) and currently use a g900. I will say I haven't had tracking issu....actually that's a lie I did have tracking issues with both my Mambas, but that was an inharent issue with its POS sensor on pretty much any surface iirc.

But yeah I'm not saying it will happen, but it is an issue to be aware of that could happen. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

2 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

I used to have a 700s Razer Mamba (older models) and currently use a g900. I will say I haven't had tracking issu....actually that's a lie I did have tracking issues with both my Mambas, but that was an inharent issue with its POS sensor on pretty much any surface iirc.

But yeah I'm not saying it will happen, but it is an issue to be aware of that could happen. 

Yeah, I have a friend that has sent back 4 razer mice already because they all have that problem, so trying to stay away from that. What do I lose in choosing control over speed in a mat? Taking in account that the mouse is 12000dpi

3 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Yeah, I have a friend that has sent back 4 razer mice already because they all have that problem, so trying to stay away from that. What do I lose in choosing control over speed in a mat? Taking in account that the mouse is 12000dpi

The control surfaces are higher friction I felt them both in store, the razers felt GROSS. Basically, speed optimised ones will glide over the surface where is control ones won't and will stop more abruptly. (that being said I haven't used a mouse on a control focused mouse pad, I just know the razer one felt awful to the touch) 

Personally, I think its more about the feel you want though the mouse itself rather than actual speed or control since that can be dialled in though the mouse software itself.

System Specs

opps

System Specs

18 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

The control surfaces are higher friction I felt them both in store, the razers felt GROSS. Basically, speed optimised ones will glide over the surface where is control ones won't and will stop more abruptly. (that being said I haven't used a mouse on a control focused mouse pad, I just know the razer one felt awful to the touch) 

Personally, I think its more about the feel you want though the mouse itself rather than actual speed or control since that can be dialled in though the mouse software itself.

I guess I'll see if I can find some in a store andata see which one I like.

7 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

opps

?

28 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Yeah but I want big one.

there bigger ones are about £20-£50 depending on the size 

I lurk a lot

1 minute ago, Miguel552 said:

I guess I'll see if I can find some in a store andata see which one I like.

?

if you cant find a control version in store I wouldn't be to bothered, to be honest I would be willing to say 90%+ of mousepads in people's homes are smooth "speed" types over control, I didn't even know of control types until I was looking up the razer, the opps was me posting something irrelevant that was meant for another thread. 

System Specs

25 minutes ago, peej said:

there bigger ones are about £20-£50 depending on the size 

I was thinking about the Corsair MM300, it's an extended and it's on sale for $13. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01798VS4C/ref=pd_gwm_simh_1?pf_rd_p=1c5f02ae-183e-4906-990b-5a293310a66c&pf_rd_s=blackjack-personal-1&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=BDEQXP0VY691NMHWB9Y5&pf_rd_r=BDEQXP0VY691NMHWB9Y5&pf_rd_p=1c5f02ae-183e-4906-990b-5a293310a66c

22 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

if you cant find a control version in store I wouldn't be to bothered, to be honest I would be willing to say 90%+ of mousepads in people's homes are smooth "speed" types over control, I didn't even know of control types until I was looking up the razer, the opps was me posting something irrelevant that was meant for another thread. 

The mm300 says control but in the description says it's made for high dpi mice, so I don't know. And ah haha, I know it confused me a little but I was like, okay...

30 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

I was thinking about the Corsair MM300, it's an extended and it's on sale for $13. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01798VS4C/ref=pd_gwm_simh_1?pf_rd_p=1c5f02ae-183e-4906-990b-5a293310a66c&pf_rd_s=blackjack-personal-1&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=BDEQXP0VY691NMHWB9Y5&pf_rd_r=BDEQXP0VY691NMHWB9Y5&pf_rd_p=1c5f02ae-183e-4906-990b-5a293310a66c

The mm300 says control but in the description says it's made for high dpi mice, so I don't know. And ah haha, I know it confused me a little but I was like, okay...

I've heard good things but never personally used one id say go for it 

I lurk a lot

I currently have a Corsair MM200 Extended version for my mouse pad. The thing stretches across my whole desk and I can easily fit my keyboard on it and have more than enough room to move my mouse without it going off the mouse pad or hitting anything. If you have the money, I would definitely recommend a big mousepad. And I also haven't used any hard mouse pads for gaming before but I just generally prefer softer ones, I like that they're not making my mouse slide so quickly that I can't be accurate, but also don't have too much coarseness that it slows my mouse down a ton.

4 hours ago, JohnM0522 said:

I currently have a Corsair MM200 Extended version for my mouse pad. The thing stretches across my whole desk and I can easily fit my keyboard on it and have more than enough room to move my mouse without it going off the mouse pad or hitting anything. If you have the money, I would definitely recommend a big mousepad. And I also haven't used any hard mouse pads for gaming before but I just generally prefer softer ones, I like that they're not making my mouse slide so quickly that I can't be accurate, but also don't have too much coarseness that it slows my mouse down a ton.

Thank you for your input. I guess I'll pull the trigger on it. $13 isn't that much.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:23 PM, Miguel552 said:

Thank you for your input. I guess I'll pull the trigger on it. $13 isn't that much.

Awesome, glad I could help.

Let me know how you like it when you try it out. :D