Fan headers not enough power?

TR-808

I used to have 2 NF-A40 PWM's linked to the same header using a port, this port being the secondary CPU header (Which I didn't need). However, due to Christmas, I now have another 2 Noctuas, these Noctuas need a fan header, so I again linked them together using a splitter and plugged them into the port that the old, linked, corsair AF-140's were plugged into, however, I forgot that the Noctuas require more current. Subsequently, the two new Noctuas now no longer have enough current to run below 45% as they are using a case fan header. Is it normal for the CPU fan headers to deliver more current than case fan headers? If so, then is there anyway I can make the case fan headers deliver more current?

There's something else going on there. All fan headers provide 12V 1A. Which means that you can easily use two fans with any header. Are you using Fan Xpert or UEFI to control fans? Or Speedfan? Also if you had made fan curve, you need to reset that and do another calibration as the fans have different rpms. Third thing is that make sure you are using Noctuas own splitter, and definitely not splitter which would make then act like 3pin fans. If the issues continue, test that each of Noctuas can run normal without splitter.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

There's something else going on there. All fan headers provide 12V 1A. Which means that you can easily use two fans with any header. Are you using Fan Xpert or UEFI to control fans? Or Speedfan? Also if you had made fan curve, you need to reset that and do another calibration as the fans have different rpms. Third thing is that make sure you are using Noctuas own splitter, and definitely not splitter which would make then act like 3pin fans. If the issues continue, test that each of Noctuas can run normal without splitter.

Figured it out in the end. The 3 Sys fan headers aren't true PWM. They mimic PWM, however can only go down to 20% duty cycle. I've got the 3 top ones now hooked to CPU fan 1, the 2 fronts to CPU fan 2, the cpu fan to the Sys fan (it seems to be able to get down to a low minimum rpm), and now its working nicely. I'm almost down to completely silent if it werent for the gpu.