New Keyboard/Mouse

Which Keyboard should I invest into?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which Keyboard should I invest into?

• K70 RapidFire (Speed Red)
    • G810 (Romer-G)
    • G610 (red)
    • G610 (brown)
    • Other

Hello all. I have some leftover Christmas money this year, and am considering upgrading my keyboard/mouse. I'm an avid gamer, and feel like my peripherals (keyboard especially) could use an upgrade. I'm currently using a G105 Keyboard and G302 Mouse, both from Logitech. Reason for the upgrade is I think its time I see what the fuss is all about for mechanical keyboards. If possible I want to keep my options in the logitech family so everything can be used on the Logitech gaming software, but I'm open to other ideas as well. As a gamer

I currently have narrowed down my keyboard options to:

Logitech G810

Logitech G610 red/brown

Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire (not Logitech, but I hear this keyboard is one of the best out there for gamers, so I'm considering it)

Of these options, which would you go for and why? I've gone to best buy and tested out all of these switches (speed red, red, and brown) except the G810 (Romer-G) since they didn't have it, but I found there to be little difference between my samples of the G610 (although i could definitely tell the shorter distance on the K70). Should i go big and get the K70? Should save my money and stick with a G610? Would it be really worth finding a G810 and testing it out for Romer-G? If you're going to recommend another keyboard, keep in mind that I'm only interested in standard layouts. I don't want extra function buttons (like the G keys on my current G105) and I do want dedicated media control buttons.

Then there is the topic of the mouse. the G302 I'm currently using feels nice and I haven't really noticed any problems with it, but I also used to think that 60 fps was all a guy ever needed, but now i know there are definite advantages to having more. Would there be a benefit to upgrading to a mouse like the G403 Prodigy or Gaming Mouse Pro with the PMW3366 sensor in it? I hear that is one of the better ones out there. Again, feel free to recommend another mouse from another company, but I would like it to be relatively small and a basic layout. I don't need or want a ton of buttons or have a funky moulded shape. I have a claw grip, if that matters. Currently I'm leaning towards not needing an upgrade, But i have the funds to get one, and if anyone can persuade me that a mouse with better components can make a difference beyond what my current G302 can offer, then by all means, let me know =)

I have the g910 and I find the Romer g switches very nice, although I can't speak for any other types of mechanical keyboards. Although the lighting in the Logitech didn't seep out the sides of the keys. So I'd say g810