oh lord! help me out!

hey guys what's up!

A friend of mine asked me to help him build a gaming pc around the 450$ range..

He's not a heavy game player, we are talking about moba/fps on 1080p.

At first i was thinking i3 6100 with 1050ti or a rx470, both the 4g version.. 

i was kinda happy about it.. 

but.. then i started thinking about an amd build rocking the 8350 but on that kind of budget i was thinking isnt it an overkill?

idk i have myself and fx6300 and im fairly sure that the 8350 can do a great job even with the game that are coming out today ... it's surely better then the i3 6100..

but still maybe with a good gpu... is gonna be worth but with a 1050 or a 460 doesnt seems the right choice! or at least to me.. (im probably even going to be out of budget)

Right now i was thinking and here is the question...

should i get a pentium and rock a better gpu(kinda)    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d4fGhq

or should i go for the i3 6100 and stick with a basic gpu? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wxMDQV

Should i wait for zen and expect a budget lineup of cpu?

i still don't know when they are gonna release it ... and here in italy the market of pc hardware isnt that great anyway so at the start of the release they are gonna be overprized and im kinda sure they will run out of stock fast...

and there is gonna be some more time to wait...

Should i wait for the kabylake to be out? 

its should be out sooner the zen and the i3 7350k doesnt seems that bad of a cpu but still im scared that the cost its gonna be too much and paired with the z170 ... jesus im gonna be so much out of budget...

Sooo for the conclusion what do you guys think? do you have some better ideas?

zen seems the right choice to make... but still things are so unclear and idk what to expect!...

Anyway in case u notice some errors Sorry! :) 

Thanks a lot! 

2 minutes ago, Ayiumo said:

hey guys what's up!

A friend of mine asked me to help him build a gaming pc around the 450$ range..

He's not a heavy game player, we are talking about moba/fps on 1080p.

At first i was thinking i3 6100 with 1050ti or a rx470, both the 4g version.. 

i was kinda happy about it.. 

but.. then i started thinking about an amd build rocking the 8350 but on that kind of budget i was thinking isnt it an overkill?

idk i have myself and fx6300 and im fairly sure that the 8350 can do a great job even with the game that are coming out today ... it's surely better then the i3 6100..

but still maybe with a good gpu... is gonna be worth but with a 1050 or a 460 doesnt seems the right choice! or at least to me.. (im probably even going to be out of budget)

Right now i was thinking and here is the question...

should i get a pentium and rock a better gpu(kinda)    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d4fGhq

or should i go for the i3 6100 and stick with a basic gpu? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wxMDQV

Should i wait for zen and expect a budget lineup of cpu?

i still don't know when they are gonna release it ... and here in italy the market of pc hardware isnt that great anyway so at the start of the release they are gonna be overprized and im kinda sure they will run out of stock fast...

and there is gonna be some more time to wait...

Should i wait for the kabylake to be out? 

its should be out sooner the zen and the i3 7350k doesnt seems that bad of a cpu but still im scared that the cost its gonna be too much and paired with the z170 ... jesus im gonna be so much out of budget...

Sooo for the conclusion what do you guys think? do you have some better ideas?

zen seems the right choice to make... but still things are so unclear and idk what to expect!...

Anyway in case u notice some errors Sorry! :) 

Thanks a lot! 

Wait for Kaby Lake. Do not go AMD, it benches well but there is 0 upgrades and 8c is not utilised well in games.

idk

if your friend can wait till Q1 2017, than wait for kabylake and zen. if you can't than just go with skylake. i'd get the i3 build, pentiums can't play games without lots of stuttering and fps drops, and it'llprobably bottleneck the rx 470. if you can, get cheaper components for some of the other parts(except psu) and get a cheap rx 470 instead of the 1050ti. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

14 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

if your friend can wait till Q1 2017, than wait for kabylake and zen. if you can't than just go with skylake. i'd get the i3 build, pentiums can't play games without lots of stuttering and fps drops, and it'llprobably bottleneck the rx 470. if you can, get cheaper components for some of the other parts(except psu) and get a cheap rx 470 instead of the 1050ti. 

in italy the rx 470 4gb costs more then the 1050ti 4gb.. 

about 70euros of difference 

do you know some good 400-500w psu for a mini-itx case?

3 minutes ago, Ayiumo said:

in italy the rx 470 4gb costs more then the 1050ti 4gb.. 

about 70euros of difference 

do you know some good 400-500w psu for a mini-itx case?

Regular atx or sfx? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

Regular atx or sfx? 

sfx 

7 minutes ago, Ayiumo said:

this post is fucked, i can't type anything :D

Usually, I go for Intel (for obvious reasons), but in this case I would actually say to wait for Zen (or Ryzen, as it's called now).  AMD Zen has auto-overclock capabilities, which will help with games.  Plus, you'll probably be getting Intel-level performance for like 40-60% of the price.  Wait for Kaby Lake and Ryzen at this point, then pick which one is better: i3-7100 or Ryzen CPU. :) 

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

21 minutes ago, Ayiumo said:

sfx 

Corsair SF450 is really good if you can affors it.

3 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

Corsair SF450 is really good if you can affors it.

i was hoping for something around 50-60$ range.. even if its not fully modular :)

3 hours ago, Matu20 said:
3 hours ago, Ayiumo said:

this post is fucked, i can't type anything :D

heeeell yeah!