K70 RapidFire RBG vs. Strafe Cherry MX Blue RGB

So I can't choose between two very popular keyboards, so I am going to have the internet decide for me! I really want Cherry MX Blues and brighter RGB lighting, but I also really want a better build quality and media keys. I'm crossed between which one I should buy, so I'm gonna have you guys decide for me. Thanks for the feedback!

For gaming, if you don't mind not having the click, I would personally recommend the RapidFire. Since blues are much slower and overall worse for gaming, and they are more for typing. Not to say you can't game on blues, but its definitely not as accurate and fast as the speed switches in the rapidfire. Again if you really don't care about the sound, get the rapidfire. If you want the click you can't go wrong with the blues really, just takes some getting used to.

I've just gone through the exact same thing - I LOVE mx blues and was tempted to go with the Strafe  with MX Blues - but the reality is - for me build quality comes first - above all else - the strafe is Plastic and lacks the volume rocker - all it has going for it is vibrant lighting because of the white reflective coating under the keys

I eventually went with the K70 Rapidfire and I haven't looked back - it's Solid - built like a tank and should last many years.

Because of no white back plate to reflect the lighting it's less vibrant than the strafe - but what it lacks in lighting it makes up for in a Metal top and media controls - I  couldn't possibly imagine living without the volume rocker wheel .

also - I cannot understand why so many people say the mx speed switches are not great to type on - I find them perfect to type on -

This keyboard gets a 10/10 in my books -

I own an older corsair K70 Vengence with MX reds and  a blackwidow Chroma  with greens , - the Rapidfire  switches are kinda similar to the cherry MX reds but with shorter travel and a few differences that improve on the reds which I'll get onto .

The quality of these Cherry MX speed  switches is beyond compare - I loved my blackwidow Chroma when I first got it but to my dismay the quality control of the gen 1 green switches is non existent -  there is great inconsistency across the blackwidow chroma keys - and a few of them have stopped clicking and feel like cherry browns .

the worst thing about the blackwidow chroma was the key wobble - - and it had nothing to do with the keycaps - the stems of the key switches themselves were loose in the housings and had a lot of play which causes horrible key wobble.

Anyway back to the rapidfire - if you are familiar with cherry Reds - the rapidfire speed switches are very similar - with shorter travel - but  much crispier snappier response - with a very satisfying clack . ZERO key wobble -

They are definitely more crisp and it feels like the keys return really fast compared to the reds - - I much prefer the feel of the Speed switches after having used cherry MX reds for 2 years +

finally - the cue 2.0 software which has been released is really easy to program as opposed to version 1 from last year - I had no problems figuring out how to do exactly what I wanted  with the lighting and macro recording -

10/10 for the Rapidfire -

as a sidenote - after having researched and tested many mechanical keyboards I can honestly say that the K70 line is without equal - the design - the Cherry MX switches - the metal plate and floating key design - the rubber wrist rest - the media keys and ESPECIALLY the volume rocker - the GREAT version 2 Cue software - all these things combine to make the K70 line a notch above ALL the competition - I'm including ducky and any other name that comes to mind - the K70 combined with the features I mentioned above has no equal and is easily THE BEST KEYBOARD I have ever used - Period

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

I've had the RapidFire since it came out. It's really great for gaming. If you really want Blues tho Corsair does make K70's with Blues instead of the Speeds that are in the RapidFire.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2