Would 2x NF-A15 PWM fit in the front of a Fractal Design Mini C?

Thisunami
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
2 minutes ago, Thisunami said:

which one would you personally prefer?

The cheaper one.

or should I just get 2x NF-A14 and call it a day? can the NF-A15 be used as a case fan in general or is it just good for rads and cpu coolers?

CPU: Delided Intel Core i7-6700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (3600/15-15-15-35) |GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG | Primary SSD: Samsung 950 Pro Series 512GB (OS/Games/Programs) / Seagate 5 TB External Hard Drive (Media) | PSU: SeaSonic Prime 650W | Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 + 4x Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red + 1x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red

Yes it can, but honestly noctuas 140mm offerings aren't that impressive.

The gp-14 is actually a really really good fan at noise/perf considering its price.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Yes, they would fit.

The NF-A14 and NF-A15 are essentially the same fan.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

23 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The NF-A14 and NF-A15 are essentially the same fan.

CPU: Delided Intel Core i7-6700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (3600/15-15-15-35) |GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG | Primary SSD: Samsung 950 Pro Series 512GB (OS/Games/Programs) / Seagate 5 TB External Hard Drive (Media) | PSU: SeaSonic Prime 650W | Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 + 4x Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red + 1x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red

2 minutes ago, Thisunami said:

The cheaper one.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

The cheaper one.

they're literally $0.56 difference lol but that being said im probably going to go with the 15's because they're quieter according to noctuas specs. it's basically a HTPC im making so I prioritize silence and being able to drop them to 13.8dB(A) with the low noise adapter might come in handy if i can for some reason hear them at 19.2 (i have very sensitive hearing).

1 minute ago, Thisunami said:

they're literally $0.56 difference lol but that being said im probably going to go with the 15's because they're quieter according to noctuas specs. it's basically a HTPC im making so I prioritize silence and being able to drop them to 13.8dB(A) with the low noise adapter might come in handy if i can for some reason hear them at 19.2 (i have very sensitive hearing).

The different dBA reading is due to the fans having different max rpms. According to their specifications, both fans are 19.2dBA at 1200rpm.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The different dBA reading is due to the fans having different max rpms. According to their specifications, both fans are 19.2dBA at 1200rpm.

true i feel dumb. and with  PWM i can drop the 14's to 900RPM as well... so i guess that means i should just go with the 14's for the wider range, save $1.12 and call it a day. like you said earlier. the cheaper one lol i was so focused on the shape common sense eluded me once again lol