My 1st Self Built PC/Gaming Rig!

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
14 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

CX series are NOT meant for gaming

CX Series Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades

http://www.corsair.com/en/cx-series-cx600m-modular-atx-power-supply-600-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

That's green label PSU not gray lable *sigh*

14 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

CX Series Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades

http://www.corsair.com/en/cx-series-cx600m-modular-atx-power-supply-600-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What does that mean 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

using a 500 $ GPU with a coarsair CX ?

hahahahah

I will use seasonic .

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

Just now, Jordan Lewang said:

What does that mean 

it means yours is better. green is mediocre. you have a gray colored. you see the text are green in the link above

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

it means yours is better. green is mediocre. you have a gray colored. you see the text are green in the link above

Okay yeah I just read this thanks 

So this is the list of ddr3000 that is supported by the motherboard I am pretty sure I messed up

IMG_1205.PNG

3 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I'd probably not pair a GTX 1080 with a CX550M but it's not like the CX would struggle to power it. I just don't like sleeve-bearing fans.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 hours ago, Jordan Lewang said:

So this is the list of ddr3000 that is supported by the motherboard I am pretty sure I messed up

manufacturers don't include everything. as long as it is ddr4 you are more than fine

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

manufacturers don't include everything. as long as it is ddr4 you are more than fine

Okay I mean the reason I think it's this is because the way it powers on and loops is similar to another thread I read where they had same issues on a z170 gaming 7 board 

4 hours ago, maria2244 said:

hahahahah

I will use seasonic .

I'm sure you've missed the memo, so here goes

In may this year, Corsair released a whole new set of models for the CX/CXM family, based on an updated platform from Channel Well Technology, and with a fixed temperature rating of 40 degrees C. They're marked by a gray sticker and come in 450, 550, 650, 750 and 850 capacities.

In general, these new grey CXM units are better than the old Corsair CXs, but even those weren't as bad as /r/pcmr made them out to be, especially the ones from 2014 on. In fact, I'd choose an old CX over an EVGA 500/600B.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Okay so update: it was not the ram I just reset the cmoss and it posted right away thanks for the help guys 

1 minute ago, losyav said:

I will Not trust that PSU it can kill your system . As Maria said Cx series not meant for gaming .

You're part of the reason people think that ALL CXm's are a pile of c**p.

The grey labels are perfectly fine to use for a gaming PC, they're tier 3, which is pretty good (considering the lowest is 7, and then theres the cheap chinese psu's that arent in any tier because they're so bad)

The green labels are tier 4, and while not the best PSU's, at tier 4 they're middle of the road, they can be used to power a gaming PC, they won't "kill" the components in there, there's much worse PSU's that can be used over a green label cx.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

13 hours ago, maria2244 said:

hahahahah

I will use seasonic .

You're obviously not knowledgeable on the subject, so stop commenting.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, losyav said:

No matter what you said I will not trust a Cx PSU no way .

Well thats YOUR opinion, lots of people do trust them (myself included) you don't need to talk crap about them like quite alot of mis informed people do, when they're actually not bad psu's, and far from the worst out there.

3 minutes ago, losyav said:

Don't tell people to stop commenting ,you are Not an admin here ok .

I don't need to be an admin to say that?

If someones gonna try and talk about something they're mis informed on, and saying stuff thats incorrect, someone is bound to tell them to stop.

6 minutes ago, losyav said:

To trust you or tomshardware ?? Cx is tier 4 and Not for gaming or overclocking here is the link http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Green CX's are tier 4, which are the ones that people say are bad, there's a newer revision which is a Grey label, that is tier 3. The list on toms hardware doesnt even take into account the updated revisions.

We have our own tier list here. 

Well anyways seems like people just wanna argue more and more about the power supply and it's fine to have an opinion it's great that you want to share it but please not on my thread I appreciate the help and knowledge getting my rig up and running I will keep you all updated as to how things go

Well i have to say so far i am very impressed with how the pc is performing as of now this is everything i have done

in the h440 case i took out the large fan in the rear the 14omm fan and added 2 120mm led thermaltake fans and replaced the 140mm with the same thermaltake fan they look great and help exhaust the air away from the cpu and gpu with the front three fans that were per installed running through the rest of the case all fans are run off the hub on the back powered by the power supply i plan to run a fan controller in the future or if people would have advice i know when Linus reviewed the h440 he sugesed not running the fans from the hub this is where some advice would be good i don't have the fans hooked to the mother board i have heard that you can vary the speeds by connecting the hub to the mobo and using the on board fan control but i wasn't really sure and the fans are running at 100 percent lol i also don't know if this is bad or not. im getting like 50 degree gpu temps and 36 degree cpu temps running starcraft 2 on ultra settings on 1080p and it looks amazing i was also playing team fortress 2 and it was amazing tonight i plan to finish downloading ark and giving it a shot this thing feels like a tank! if anyone has advice for the fans that would be great

On 7.12.2016 at 9:33 PM, maria2244 said:

Wow thats just so super wrong, irrelevant and misleading.

Just take a guess how many "gaming" PCs are running just fine on Corsair CX-model power supplies. It is absolutely not a problem to run gaming grade hardware off of a CX. In fact many "gaming grade" components (if you really want to promote these industry shenanigans) are power efficient enough to run off of even less capable PSUs. Just think of a GTX 1050 TI for example. Doesn't even need an external connector in many cases because it doesn't pull more than 70 watts and can thus be supplied through the PCI-E slot.

You really shouldn't promote statements like that, just because you don't know any better. And if you did it on purpose you should be ashamed of yourself.

2 hours ago, black0utm1rage said:

Wow thats just so super wrong, irrelevant and misleading.

Just take a guess how many "gaming" PCs are running just fine on Corsair CX-model power supplies. It is absolutely not a problem to run gaming grade hardware off of a CX. In fact many "gaming grade" components (if you really want to promote these industry shenanigans) are power efficient enough to run off of even less capable PSUs. Just think of a GTX 1050 TI for example. Doesn't even need an external connector in many cases because it doesn't pull more than 70 watts and can thus be supplied through the PCI-E slot.

You really shouldn't promote statements like that, just because you don't know any better. And if you did it on purpose you should be ashamed of yourself.

Thanks for the positive support I appreciate it! As I said this is my first build it's not perfect I will need to upgrade storage but wanted a good base to start with!

there should have been a buzzer speaker with that MB. I have the gaming 5 and that had one included 

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse: Cougar 700m Sound: Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 OS: Windows 10  

29 minutes ago, Ramke_99 said:

there should have been a buzzer speaker with that MB. I have the gaming 5 and that had one included 

Hmm very interesting 

27 minutes ago, Jordan Lewang said:

Hmm very interesting 

nice looking rig though

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse: Cougar 700m Sound: Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 OS: Windows 10