Lenovo Phab 2 Pro Showcase

This video was sponsored by Lenovo. Learn more about the Phab 2 Pro: www.lenovo.com/phabinfluencer3

Google Tango claims to provide an all new level of depth in augmented reality experiences... let's check it out!

A video that is not unlisted before going public??

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

A video that is not unlisted before going public??

What would be the point of an unlisted ad anyway.

13 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

What would be the point of an unlisted ad anyway.

1. Ad for LTT members

2. Ad for everyone else

Hu!? what about brontosaurus? Whats going on here? Is this like Pluto again? oh noes.

Edit: as for the question at the end. Perhaps some measuring device via photo? Autodesk allready have it. So making it actually accurate within a few 1mm would be nice. Thats good enough for some of my stuff.

Edited by MatsNorway

Austin Evans also did a sponsored video on this same phablet, and by the looks of it he was pretty impressed with the immersive experience that using tango had. Apparently when Linus was on camera he either thought otherwise or didn't notice it as much, and I was thinking that was probably because regardless of how quick the AR technology is it's still a camera on a screen. My question is do you think it's possible that the front facing camera could be utilized so that the phone takes into account the distance and position/angle that your eyes are to adjust the image so that the phone actually seems like a "window" to an AR world?

Video:

I want to know more about its ability create and export a map.

I want to know if you can use these sensors in a linux on chroot for actual applications??? :ph34r:

Specs: Case: NZXT H440 ] CPU: I7-5960x | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 AIO | MOBO: ASUS Rampage V  | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  | RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 4 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4 kit | PSU: EVGA 1000G2 | SSD (Boot): Samsung 850pro 128GB | HDD (mass storage): WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM  | SDD (Working Drve): Samsung 850 evo 500GB | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Display: Asus VG248 24in. 144Hz 1ms 

so is this just a regular smartphone besides the cool stuff? is there going to be an official review on this like he does all his other phones?

-Nick

"A Snapdragon processor?" Really?

What's next? The newest Macbook features an Intel processor?

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?