HD600/HD650 or something else ? recommend for ME

JaRi
On 12/5/2016 at 8:49 PM, ShadySocks said:

Heavens no!

Superlux headphones have murderous treble that will make you deaf. And the ergonomics are poor. The self adjustable headband is way too tight so you have to stretch it like Hulk's underwear. But that's not all, they're an awkward compromise between over-ear and on-ear headphones that pinch the extremities of your ear. 

Get the Beyerdynamic DTX 910 for $40 and forget about this medieval torture device branded "Superlux":

https://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Stereo-Headphones-Portable-Silver/dp/B0032EQRR6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1481242648&sr=8-12&keywords=beyerdynamic

On 12/5/2016 at 10:58 PM, ShadySocks said:

Have you heard them? Audio is, after all personal preference, and I prefer those over Audeze EL-8s.

Just to add: as someone who had a pair of Superlux 681 EVO headphones for a while, they're good for the money, but that's all that is "special" about them. Their mids do have an odd sound and are very recessed compared to the bass and treble. I mainly bought them since I had the extra cash and was curious, not because I needed headphones. My impressions of them were that they were basically an alternative to the HyperX Clouds if you didn't need a mic since they basically have somewhat of a similar sound signature but the EVOs were a little more open.

50 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Heavens no!

Superlux headphones have murderous treble that will make you deaf. And the ergonomics are poor. The self adjustable headband is way too tight so you have to stretch it like Hulk's underwear. But that's not all, they're an awkward compromise between over-ear and on-ear headphones that pinch the extremities of your ear. 

Get the Beyerdynamic DTX 910 for $40 and forget about this medieval torture device branded "Superlux":

https://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Stereo-Headphones-Portable-Silver/dp/B0032EQRR6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1481242648&sr=8-12&keywords=beyerdynamic

They're not that bad for the money, but it would be better to save a little more to get something better.

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

Heavens no!

i can attest to this. i had the 668hd for about a year before i gave it to someone, and now own sennheiser hd 558. i came around to listening to the 668hd again and the treble is way too hard. tried toning it down with a few tweaking but it was still present. also far less comfortable. 

29 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Just to add: as someone who had a pair of Superlux 681 EVO headphones for a while, they're good for the money, but that's all that is "special" about them. Their mids do have an odd sound and are very recessed compared to the bass and treble. I mainly bought them since I had the extra cash and was curious, not because I needed headphones. My impressions of them were that they were basically an alternative to the HyperX Clouds if you didn't need a mic since they basically have somewhat of a similar sound signature but the EVOs were a little more open.

They're not that bad for the money, but it would be better to save a little more to get something better.

I had the Superlux 681 EVO as well. They sound so muddy, probably because Superlux heard so many complaints about their obnoxious treble that they completely slaughtered the highs in the EVO edition. The EVO is still a decent headphone if you can get used to the woolly sound. But the ergonomics/comfort are still standard Superlux fair: horrible.