Good Amp/Dac hybrid?

applesuxD

Any good desktop amp and dac combo/hybrid for 200USD and less with analogue bass knob/boost?

If possible, i hope to receive a range of recommendations from 50-200 USD

I may get a used one or maybe one on sale.. 

Im just very particular about hiss, and clean sound, and a bass boost will be perfect as well.  Anddd lastly,not very big? 

I use a Beyerdynamic T70 250Ohms.

Im looking to replace my portable usb Amp/Dac which is the govibe magnum

i love it,love the sound and bass boost, but im hoping to change go a desktop one as charging it is abit if a pain, mainly because i dont have a socket for the charger.. And taking out the battery to charge outside is also troublesome, and i may have screwed up the internals abit,so im worried i might cause a short circuit..

Thanks for helping guys! Have a great week! :))

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Why not get a headphone with bass in the first place?

I recommend EQ plus a Schiit Vali 2. Throw in a Modi if you think a DAC is necessary at this budget (probably not a good use of funds).

26 minutes ago, SSL said:

Why not get a headphone with bass in the first place?

I recommend EQ plus a Schiit Vali 2. Throw in a Modi if you think a DAC is necessary at this budget (probably not a good use of funds).

Im not sure of headphones that sounds like a T70 and has bass haha, i really like the sound of the T70,just that in action movies for example,or for other cases like playing drum along music,so ill change the bass abit here and there

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

8 minutes ago, applesuxD said:

Im not sure of headphones that sounds like a T70 and has bass haha, i really like the sound of the T70,just that in action movies for example,or for other cases like playing drum along music,so ill change the bass abit here and there

You mean good bass with a huge treble spike?

You can change it systemwide with Equalizer APO + Peace GUI.

On 03/12/2016 at 1:34 PM, SSL said:

You mean good bass with a huge treble spike?

You can change it systemwide with Equalizer APO + Peace GUI.

Nope, i love the mid details it has too, the treble spikes are nice, except when theres shitty mastered or live songs that i love .(Bohemian rhapsody .. ;-; )

EQ seems to be a good solution, i wouldn't mind experimenting with it, anyways does analog bass boost have much of an advantage at this point? (Cleaner audio? I haven't tried EQing so much so i cant conclude yet haha)

If not then i wouldn't mind simply getting an Dac/amp without bass boost which will be much more abundant

OTG an E10k

Otherwise any OTG-able combo and EQ it. 

This is all assuming you're using your phone as a player though.

Don't tread on me. I squish, and white liquid comes out. It's icky, trust me.

6 hours ago, Moist_Sock said:

OTG an E10k

Otherwise any OTG-able combo and EQ it. 

This is all assuming you're using your phone as a player though.

Im using PC mainly now, so im hoping to switch to desktop dac/amp combo.. What is OTG?

13 minutes ago, applesuxD said:

Im using PC mainly now, so im hoping to switch to desktop dac/amp combo.. What is OTG?

Oh, I figured you wanted one for portable use because you wanted a small one. OTG is running something via USB from an android phone, but its irrelevant if you're using it for desk use.

Why do you need an analogue bass boost though? You can just use an EQ and get an even better result.

13 minutes ago, Moist_Sock said:

Oh, I figured you wanted one for portable use because you wanted a small one. OTG is running something via USB from an android phone, but its irrelevant if you're using it for desk use.

Why do you need an analogue bass boost though? You can just use an EQ and get an even better result.

I can try EQ'ing.. So any recommendation for a dac/amp combo though that fits the  descriptions i have made up there

2 minutes ago, applesuxD said:

I can try EQ'ing.. So any recommendation for a dac/amp combo though that fits the  descriptions i have made up there

Righto.

Micca Origen+ for best combo around ~$100 USD

Small, sounds better than an E10k, and has a ton of features.

For the upper end of your budget I'd say look at the O2+ODAC combo. You can get them as a single unit so it'd be smaller than a Schiit stack, it's direct competitor.

1 hour ago, Moist_Sock said:

Micca Origen+ for best combo around ~$100 USD

For the upper end of your budget I'd say look at the O2+ODAC combo. You can get them as a single unit so it'd be smaller than a Schiit stack, it's direct competitor.

Micca Origen+ now superseded by Schiit Fulla 2. Unless you're one of the five people that need DSD playback.

The entry Schiit Stack is more competitively priced than the O2+ODAC and sounds better. And that's without throwing in an Uber version or Vali 2. I would say that the Objective stuff is obsolete at this point, especially considering the Fulla 2 mentioned above has more features and comparable or better components for far less money.

1 minute ago, SSL said:

Micca Origen+ now superseded by Schiit Fulla 2. Unless you're one of the five people that need DSD playback.

Fuck, they released a new Fulla? How'd I miss that? Guess I gotta get my hands on one. I'll take your word that It's better and rescind my suggestions then.

3 minutes ago, Moist_Sock said:

Fuck, they released a new Fulla? How'd I miss that? Guess I gotta get my hands on one. I'll take your word that It's better and rescind my suggestions then.

Still early days yet so it might not be better, but considering it's Schiit w/AKM chip and more power I think it's likely to be the best option at $100.

10 minutes ago, SSL said:

Still early days yet so it might not be better, but considering it's Schiit w/AKM chip and more power I think it's likely to be the best option at $100.

Righto. I would have just ordered one but the Australian retailer has assfucked the price up to $200 AUD. I'd use a re-shipper but their fees honestly makes it worth just buying locally since I don't have to deal with stupid warranty/repair shit if it ever occurs for only $20 more.

On 12/9/2016 at 0:55 AM, SSL said:

The entry Schiit Stack is more competitively priced than the O2+ODAC and sounds better. And that's without throwing in an Uber version or Vali 2. I would say that the Objective stuff is obsolete at this point, especially considering the Fulla 2 mentioned above has more features and comparable or better components for far less money.

On 12/9/2016 at 1:16 AM, Moist_Sock said:

Righto. I would have just ordered one but the Australian retailer has assfucked the price up to $200 AUD. I'd use a re-shipper but their fees honestly makes it worth just buying locally since I don't have to deal with stupid warranty/repair shit if it ever occurs for only $20 more.

So im guessing software EQ will do the job? 

[edit]:

Would software EQ'ing be hard to achieve a certain sound signature i want? (like would it be hard to make the bass not muddy,etc)

I also have a spare soundcard that my bro gave me, an Asus Xonar DGX

Edited by applesuxD

On 12/9/2016 at 1:00 AM, SSL said:

Schiit fulla seems good,can it drive my headphones though? Considering that i got the 250Ohm version...

and just being curious, would Ohms matter so much if headphones are still able to get loud without an amp?

6 hours ago, applesuxD said:

Schiit fulla seems good,can it drive my headphones though? Considering that i got the 250Ohm version...

and just being curious, would Ohms matter so much if headphones are still able to get loud without an amp?

What?

6 hours ago, SSL said:

What?

"I heard these words, and I think they are important, so I'm going to use them to ask a question, even though I don't know what they mean."

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

11 minutes ago, spwath said:

"I heard these words, and I think they are important, so I'm going to use them to ask a question, even though I don't know what they mean."

Someone should hire you as a translator.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

11 hours ago, SSL said:

What?

I guess not lol, i mean cmon,im asking a question mainly because im not an expert or a persom who's occupation is audio related,if i really am, i wouldn't ask any questions would i? 

37 minutes ago, applesuxD said:

I guess not lol, i mean cmon,im asking a question mainly because im not an expert or a persom who's occupation is audio related,if i really am, i wouldn't ask any questions would i? 

If impedance were I concern I would have mentioned it.

1 hour ago, SSL said:

ya but muh fidelities

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

On 12/12/2016 at 3:41 PM, SSL said:

Ok, any links to a review of the schiit fulla 2? Im also considering to get a schiit fulla 1, they are pretty cheap right now with christmas promotions/ used

1 minute ago, applesuxD said:

Ok, any links to a review of the schiit fulla 2? Im also considering to get a schiit fulla 1, they are pretty cheap right now with christmas promotions/ used

The Fulla 2 is going to be MUCH better. The Fulla 2 is also too new (literally about a week since it was released) to really have any reviews out on it yet. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 minutes ago, applesuxD said:

I would recommend other things over the Fulla 1.