AOC 35" 160hz VA 2560x1080 Monitor

So this is my review of a monitor i purchased recently the AOC C3583FQ 35".

Image result for aoc 35"

I have been using it now for over a week and feel like i can give a fair reflection of the monitor from the point of view of a typical user. 

here are the Spec's :

General Monitor Line AOC Gaming
  Monitor Size 35 Inch
  Visible Screen Size 819.84 x 345.87
  Screen Format 21:9
  Brightness 300 cd/m2 (type)
  Contrast Ratio 2000:1
  Dynamic Contrast Ratio 50M:1
  Viewing Angle  
  Response time 4 ms
Scanning Frequency Scanning Frequency H: DP: 30-170KHz, Others: 30-160 KHz V: DP: 45-160Hz, Others: 50-146Hz
Resolution Maximum Resolution 2560x1080@160Hz
  Recommended Resolution 2560x1080@160Hz
  Colors 16.7 Million

PANEL TYPE IS : VA

Introduction
I wish that i was starting this review after using this monitor and concluding that the AOC C3583FQ is The Gaming Monitor for the Sub £500 mark, I wish i was saying that the monitor meets all my expectations and I will be using it for the next 3-5 years. I decided to get a new monitor now not because I thought i really needed one (although 3x 23.4 120hz TN Panels have without question lost their magic) but because my Girlfriend convince me that seeing as i spend so much time on my computer (subtle digg intended no doubt) I might as well get a fantastic screen in which to experience my games with. After carefully looking through many monitors the AOC C3583FQ really popped out at me for 6 reasons :

1. 160hz!!!!
  2. 35 inches WOW
  3. Curved Monitor ? Holy Sh**
  4. Freesync if i ever go AMD or if Nvidia ever supports it
  5. The stand is where everything plugs into making a very neat desktop
  6. 2560x1080 might be low but at least I have the power to run it for the next 3 years+ 

The Idea behind wanting this monitor + viewing benchmarks

Most of us here on LTT Forums are Gamers, Being Gamers we can secretly admit to getting over excited by certain things that make less difference than we all make out. However 160hz is 160hz, you can't escape that right? What about if the monitor in question decides to blur in the most random places ? What if the panel in question uses a tech that suffers majorly from blurring and or ghosting ? 
This is where we hit the main issue with the monitor and unfortunately the moment i decided enough was enough, although we will get to that part later.

There are moments of sheer beauty and bliss with this monitor, I liken it to having the occulus rift jump infront of you and enlarge. You really become part of the action - or at least looking in through a beautiful window. Despite the low res and low DPI of the monitor I highly doubt there are 10 monitors that will display Unigine Valley in a more beautiful way, it became this hypnotic beautiful world that i wanted to jump inside and feel every single branch and leaf ; No longer just a benchmark oh no, it had become a world of fantasy and dreams. So far so good right ? Well that leads us onto :

Gaming

I understand that this forum might be one of the last places that i can expect to get any sympathy for my plight once i mention that i first noticed it on FIFA 17. Yes that addictive EA money grabbing football (or Soccer for those that like to call FOOTball a game that you throw the ball with....;) ) game. The players would run forward and behind them would be a ghost. This is where i started to notice the issues with the monitor and sadly the issues that persist to this moment whilst writing on it. 35 inches is a massive jump from 23.4 and it takes getting used to. When you do start to pay attention to the whole screen the last thing you want to see is that away from the centre in a fast paced or constantly moving camera game ; that there is intense blurring on certain aspects of the game. I honestly at this point thought ahh your being and idiot just mess around with settings ! 7 Days later and it's still driving me insane, like a itch on your back you can't reach but still give it a try because you will get to it if you just stretch that little bit more.... 
It's not as bad in all games but that doesn't really matter if it affects 40% of the games you play ; Tomb Raider is essentially Mega Motion Blur - Then you turn motion blur on.  
I am a gamer, i work 9-5 everyday and all i want is to come home and play for a few hours and be lost inside a world not constantly looking out for the moment it really starts to blur. 
It has to be noted that in the world of computing we all can forget how much £500 is, and how much £500 should buy you. I have a Titan Maxwell X that i got last month for 1/3 the launch price which was the most expensive computing part i had bought until this monitor last week. To have the disappointment of it lacking the clarity and sharpness of old TN Panels really is the kicker.

Conclusion 

So to end, i sent the monitor back and am currently waiting until next year to hopefully save a little more and get a 3440x1440 Magic Monitor. 

Such a shame about this monitor though 

Rating 1.9/5

P.S

This is still a Draft just wanted to get it out

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

For some reason this section still has "reviews" in the name. This should go in the member review section. Just report your post to get it moved :)

Just looking at the stretched out battlefront image in the pictures you took makes me want to barf...21:9 is so pointless IMHO.

Bro, get yourself a nice 2560x1440 Freesync IPS display instead.

Like this one:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/spbkcf/acer-monitor-umhg0ee001

Or even a gsync one, this dell gaming monitor is not crazy expensive...it's a TN panel but it's a GOOD tn panel like only Dell can make, for the price, you'll be happy with it i'm sure and Gsync is AMAZING:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/CwgPxr/dell-s2417dg-238-165hz-monitor-s2417dg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Just looking at the stretched out battlefront image in the pictures you took makes me want to barf...21:9 is so pointless IMHO.

Bro, get yourself a nice 2560x1440 Freesync IPS display instead.

Like this one:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/spbkcf/acer-monitor-umhg0ee001

Or even a gsync one, this dell gaming monitor is not crazy expensive...it's a TN panel but it's a GOOD tn panel like only Dell can make, for the price, you'll be happy with it i'm sure and Gsync is AMAZING:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/CwgPxr/dell-s2417dg-238-165hz-monitor-s2417dg

Yeah looked at both, 

100% moving away from that 2560x1080.

Unfortunately i find Dell repulsive, All i see all day at work are Dell PC's, Dell Monitors and Dell Servers. Awful horrible looking over priced don't even use proper fan header bastards. I bet the people that work for Dell get Boners about wearing grey suits the lifeless bastards :(.

But that monitor is good, I'm gonna be honest im holding out for a 34" 100hz Gsync 3440x1440 Monitor. 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

53 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

For some reason this section still has "reviews" in the name. This should go in the member review section. Just report your post to get it moved :)

I am very confused :S 

Chicken Nuggets

1 minute ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

Yeah looked at both, 

100% moving away from that 2560x1080.

Unfortunately i find Dell repulsive, All i see all day at work are Dell PC's, Dell Monitors and Dell Servers. Awful horrible looking over priced don't even use proper fan header bastards. I bet the people that work for Dell get Boners about wearing grey suits the lifeless bastards :(.

But that monitor is good, I'm gonna be honest im holding out for a 34" 100hz Gsync 3440x1440 Monitor. 

i think the ''blur'' you see on the side of the monitor, it's not because the monitor does not perform well like you think...it's because 21`:9 man...that's what it does...the extra ''width'' you get from the format is mostly stretched out shit...and that stretched out shit...well guess what that's what it does...it looks blury and ghosted but it's because it's stretched out shit...you get the same effect even with a 1500$ 3440x1440 predator monitor

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, Hayabusa1989 said:

I am very confused :S 

Ohh i see now its in Member Reviews.

Chicken Nuggets

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

i think the ''blur'' you see on the side of the monitor, it's not because the monitor does not perform well like you think...it's because 21`:9 man...that's what it does...the extra ''width'' you get from the format is mostly stretched out shit...and that stretched out shit...well guess what that's what it does...it looks blury and ghosted but it's because it's stretched out shit...you get the same effect even with a 1500$ 3440x1440 predator monitor

Nah its the awful thing about VA Panel type. Alot of them do it. VA Suffers massively from Ghosting. 

Chicken Nuggets

Just now, Hayabusa1989 said:

Nah its the awful thing about VA Panel type. Alot of them do it. VA Suffers massively from Ghosting. 

yeah but the blur i mean just take a second and look at the picture you posted...the center 2/3 of the screenshot looks alright...but then as you move to the side it's get more and more blury and shit looking...stretched out bullshit...can't you see it?! but battlefront is a game that support 21:9 resolution right...but then again the sides are stretched out shit...games aren't made to be played in ultrawide format...theater movies are...not video games sadly...and 16:9 is already a wide format...

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

yeah but the blur i mean just take a second and look at the picture you posted...the center 2/3 of the screenshot looks alright...but then as you move to the side it's get more and more blury and shit looking...stretched out bullshit...can't you see it?! but battlefront is a game that support 21:9 resolution right...but then again the sides are stretched out shit...games aren't made to be played in ultrawide format...theater movies are...not video games sadly...and 16:9 is already a wide format...

Can i be honest,

Thats an image that took from the Tinternet, 

The games i played like GTA 5 and Fifa 17 actually supported it by just adding at the sides not stretching. 

Chicken Nuggets

3 minutes ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

Can i be honest,

Thats an image that took from the Tinternet, 

The games i played like GTA 5 and Fifa 17 actually supported it by just adding at the sides not stretching. 

ok, but as you'll play more and more games you'll encounter a lot of that stretching effect in games because game engines have been designed to display on a 16:9 and 16:10 format for ages at this point...and if you play shooters...especially online if you get into BF1 and stuff for example, that will potentially mess with your aim and drive you insane.

Anyways, you do as you feel man

Jesus i must be tired today i said Tinternet, Sound like my mother :S

Chicken Nuggets

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

ok, but as you'll play more and more games you'll encounter a lot of that stretching effect in games because game engines have been designed to display on a 16:9 and 16:10 format for ages at this point...and if you play shooters...especially online if you get into BF1 and stuff for example, that will potentially mess with your aim and drive you insane.

Anyways, you do as you feel man

Umm.... I have a 2560x1080p LG 29 inch. And don't have any of the problems you mention in Battlefield 1. And in fact most if not all new games do support the 21:9 resolution without stretching. Older games on the other hand are hit and miss. I've owned 2 of these 21:9 monitors for over 2 years now. And own quite a few different games to try them on.

Keep in mind though when you start screwing with the FOV settings in BF1 or Battlefront it will begin to fish eye. But that would happen on a regular monitor as well. So you have to find the sweet spot.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |