Anyone wanna play survival 1.8.8 minecraft with me?

Anyone wanna play some world building survival with me on a 1.8.8 server? I still use 1.8.8 because I really don't like the newer versions, and I play survival because I love working to build stuff. It's pertinent to note that I'll be doing my own thing in a world guarded region but anyone can join and go where ever they want to play or mine or build, just a little lonely and makes me regret the specs of the server the game is running off for only one person to be on it.   

server info is below in the spoiler

Spoiler

93.107.39.104:25565 Yes I know it's a little risky to post an IP but the server is in the DMZ and there is nothing else there. 

server specs if you're wondering. I'm kinda wondering how much RAM I can make the server use just for minecraft. 

Spoiler

CPU: Dual Xeon X5670

RAM: 12x4GB DDR3 RDIMM ECC

HDD: 160Gb RAID1

GPU: Waiting on a Quadro K4000, but it isn't needed so not a priority. 

2016-11-29_00.27.46.png

Edited by Lord Nicoll
added a pretty screenshot

Yours faithfully

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, I haven't properly played MC in ages so maybe going back to an older version would be a good idea for me as all these new updates have added so much i have no idea about. and also it gets kinda creepy in the caves when your alone.

2 hours ago, Kota317 said:

looks good man xD i saw no one replied you deserve some credit i get that lowly feeling playing MC all the time. i may just join you

51 minutes ago, Fyfey96 said:

Yea, I haven't properly played MC in ages so maybe going back to an older version would be a good idea for me as all these new updates have added so much i have no idea about. and also it gets kinda creepy in the caves when your alone.

Yeah, I don't have as much free time now with the Christmas times coming so if you do join I hope you like fending for yourself lol, I might try to get on and leave or a box or check in with SSH every now and then. 

Yours faithfully

On 2016-12-10 at 6:36 PM, Lord Nicoll said:

Yeah, I don't have as much free time now with the Christmas times coming so if you do join I hope you like fending for yourself lol, I might try to get on and leave or a box or check in with SSH every now and then. 

I can join, I'm actually looking for a server to just do stuff in, I was considering opening my world to the internet but it's a dangerous thing to do, you never know whom might join. And one that isn't just creative, it gets a little bit oh I don't know how to say it but maybe a bit boring since you actually just have access to everything and you don't need to create anything from scratch.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

7 hours ago, ZothOmmog said:

I can join, I'm actually looking for a server to just do stuff in, I was considering opening my world to the internet but it's a dangerous thing to do, you never know whom might join. And one that isn't just creative, it gets a little bit oh I don't know how to say it but maybe a bit boring since you actually just have access to everything and you don't need to create anything from scratch.

yeah, my thoughts too, in terms of it being open it really isn't that dangerous, I have world guard for my stuff and not many people would join, IP's aren't all that memorable, 

Yours faithfully

On 14/12/2016 at 8:04 PM, Lord Nicoll said:

yeah, my thoughts too, in terms of it being open it really isn't that dangerous, I have world guard for my stuff and not many people would join, IP's aren't all that memorable, 

Okay a few tips: when a new user spawns/joins set the time to day, I came into the world at night and got killed 3 times by skeletons. Plus it would be good if there was a like board of rules or something or an explanation of where you are what you can/are allowed to do?

I couldn't close doors, mine anything, get wood, so I just died over and over again.

This is not a complaint just like a list of smart things to add :)

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

4 hours ago, ZothOmmog said:

Okay a few tips: when a new user spawns/joins set the time to day, I came into the world at night and got killed 3 times by skeletons. Plus it would be good if there was a like board of rules or something or an explanation of where you are what you can/are allowed to do?

I couldn't close doors, mine anything, get wood, so I just died over and over again.

This is not a complaint just like a list of smart things to add :)

Yes I saw that on the logs, that area is currently in construction, but is world guarded (due to absolute ridiculous amount of resources of building those kinds of works) there really aren't any rules other than don't be dicks unless you want to do PVP or raid, I don't mind people joining the server and wandering off to have a PVP area or playing raids in some other area. There is a sign pointing away from the protected areas, but really the point of the server is to fend for yourself, pure survival, and after survival, thriving. As for automated commands, this isn't really that kind of server, it's more like multiplayer single player mode, if that makes sense. 

Yours faithfully

7 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Yes I saw that on the logs, that area is currently in construction, but is world guarded (due to absolute ridiculous amount of resources of building those kinds of works) there really aren't any rules other than don't be dicks unless you want to do PVP or raid, I don't mind people joining the server and wandering off to have a PVP area or playing raids in some other area. There is a sign pointing away from the protected areas, but really the point of the server is to fend for yourself, pure survival, and after survival, thriving. As for automated commands, this isn't really that kind of server, it's more like multiplayer single player mode, if that makes sense. 

Aight mate. Have to be more careful I guess.

So when you spawn in and there is the big house/mansion looking building to the left, do I go to the right or to the left to find stuff to tear down?

1 minute ago, ZothOmmog said:

Aight mate. Have to be more careful I guess.

So when you spawn in and there is the big house/mansion looking building to the left, do I go to the right or to the left to find stuff to tear down?

either left or in front of that, most people who have played have houses either behind or in front of that, I'll be getting on the server in a little bit to do some light land scaping so if there is any area in particular you'd like to settle ask me and I'll probably know.

Yours faithfully

I wanna play but it's like 10:30 here lol.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I wanna play but it's like 10:30 here lol.

it's now 06:15 here, damn neighbours fighting woke me. 

Yours faithfully

On 11/29/2016 at 0:53 AM, Lord Nicoll said:

Anyone wanna play some world building survival with me on a 1.8.8 server? I still use 1.8.8 because I really don't like the newer versions, and I play survival because I love working to build stuff. It's pertinent to note that I'll be doing my own thing in a world guarded region but anyone can join and go where ever they want to play or mine or build, just a little lonely and makes me regret the specs of the server the game is running off for only one person to be on it.   

Hide contents

93.107.39.104:25565 Yes I know it's a little risky to post an IP but the server is in the DMZ and there is nothing else there. 

server specs if you're wondering. I'm kinda wondering how much RAM I can make the server use just for minecraft. 

Hide contents

2016-11-29_00.27.46.png

Mind if I join later on?

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]

hmm It's been a long time since I last played mc and mostly played with my daughter on another server. I'm kinda interested in joining my self not sure about the player base and I'm sure not gonna let my kid tag a long or half the stuff I farm would be shared with her without her farming anything at all hahaha. I'm not sure when I'll be joining since I still need to fix/rebuild my pc gift to my daughter before 25.

Live your life like a dream.

16 hours ago, Joshua Ondangan said:

hmm It's been a long time since I last played mc and mostly played with my daughter on another server. I'm kinda interested in joining my self not sure about the player base and I'm sure not gonna let my kid tag a long or half the stuff I farm would be shared with her without her farming anything at all hahaha. I'm not sure when I'll be joining since I still need to fix/rebuild my pc gift to my daughter before 25.

I have a two young cousins who sometimes play on it, so for that reason I do police the shit out of it for weirdo's but really the likelihood of actually playing with someone else is quite rare, this is very much a small personal server so not all that many join. 

22 hours ago, JackHubbleday said:

Mind if I join later on?

sure, although it's pretty early in the morning where we are.

Yours faithfully

I'll try joining right now :D. 

been half a year? or so since last played mc.

edit: btw are there any time where the server is down? or you keep it at 24/7? can't seem to connect. I'm at 1.8.8

1 hour ago, Joshua Ondangan said:

I'll try joining right now :D. 

been half a year? or so since last played mc.

edit: btw are there any time where the server is down? or you keep it at 24/7? can't seem to connect. I'm at 1.8.8

Hello, sorry for that, I'm trying to install firepro drivers so it was down, I'm about to put it back up now. It's 24/7 but there are times it will be down for maintainence, usually on a Late Monday Early Tuesday Ireland time. 

Yours faithfully

12 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Hello, sorry for that, I'm trying to install firepro drivers so it was down, I'm about to put it back up now. It's 24/7 but there are times it will be down for maintainence, usually on a Late Monday Early Tuesday Ireland time. 

awesome.

in game name is Bonzskulz :D at the starting point this looks like a huge build going on :D

I'm currently trying newer (and hopefully better) OSes for the server and different drivers and stuff, so if anyone is wondering the server might be down for another few days, my brain cells are already committing mass suicide for how annoying and dull this all is.

Yours faithfully

I'd love to join up, help out, but time does not permit such activities for me. :( Plus, I'm not much help on Vanilla minecraft since I don't know much beyond proper farming tactics, building architecturally decent looking structures, and falling from high places. :P That said, I also don't play on CrAzYMoDdEd servers either; usually I stick to simpler mods that add tools and storage capabilities to Minecraft, such as TinkersConstruct, METools, StorageDrawers/JABBA, and EnderIO.

Maybe I'll remember to add the IP when I go home and check out the server.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2016 at 7:53 PM, Lord Nicoll said:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

2016-11-29_00.27.46.png

I like how the server is on 1.8. I hated every single version since 1.9 since I used to be a PvPer. I'll check it out sometime.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

10 hours ago, Samtell said:

I like how the server is on 1.8. I hated every single version since 1.9 since I used to be a PvPer. I'll check it out sometime.

Yes, it's also a very vanilla server, there's only two plugins, as one's a dependency of World Guard. 

Yours faithfully

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, Lord Nicoll said:

Yes, it's also a very vanilla server, there's only two plugins, as one's a dependency of World Guard. 

Sounds cool. I'll try to join when I have some free time.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),