Remote control PC over wifi from turned off state

So i want to use my beefy home PC from school, and i know i can use LogMeIn to do that but i dont want to leave it turned on always. And also i am on WiFi because of structural reasons (I am above my router and i cant really dig a hole in concrete as of right now for ethernet), and i have an asus PCE-AC51 Pci-e wifi adapter. So is there any way to start my pc from my school over wifi?

1 hour ago, EpicGamingVideos said:

So i want to use my beefy home PC from school, and i know i can use LogMeIn to do that but i dont want to leave it turned on always. And also i am on WiFi because of structural reasons (I am above my router and i cant really dig a hole in concrete as of right now for ethernet), and i have an asus PCE-AC51 Pci-e wifi adapter. So is there any way to start my pc from my school over wifi?

With wifi nothing can, it won't even show up on the router when it is off.

Best way would be to send a wake on lan request, but requires a lan connection there are things like powerline connections to transmit ethernet theough power outlets. Also the computer will have to be "on" but in sleep mode.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S6DBGIS/ref=s9_top_hm_awbw_b50jE_g147_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-12&pf_rd_r=ATTASW55KS36P06DRYEH&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_p=1429b8ba-e75d-571e-9b71-9f4989516af7&pf_rd_i=1194444

While "off" you will need something to trigger the button to turn it on which will require something that is on like an arduino or something to receive the command and then turn it on.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

8 hours ago, SLAYR said:

With wifi nothing can, it won't even show up on the router when it is off.

Best way would be to send a wake on lan request, but requires a lan connection there are things like powerline connections to transmit ethernet theough power outlets. Also the computer will have to be "on" but in sleep mode.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S6DBGIS/ref=s9_top_hm_awbw_b50jE_g147_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-12&pf_rd_r=ATTASW55KS36P06DRYEH&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_p=1429b8ba-e75d-571e-9b71-9f4989516af7&pf_rd_i=1194444

While "off" you will need something to trigger the button to turn it on which will require something that is on like an arduino or something to receive the command and then turn it on.

So wake on lan only works from sleep state? It doesnt work from shutdown but plugged in state?

• 2 weeks later...

wake on lan needs a live connection to internet, if you're stuck using wifi you can try what I have: Take an unused router and set it up as a wireless bridge and plug your system up to that. That way your 'wifi card' can be always on and your system can use wake on lan.

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elerek/saved/3T7D4D